Restless

A/N Who else saw the amazing workout Malec clip?! I loved it!

Magnus turned over in bed as he usually did in his sleep. The sheets were cold which instantly woke him from his slumber. He sleepily opened his eyes to see that the room was sans one shadowhunter. He thought back trying to remember if he had heard him leave. It was useless, Alec could be as silent as a wish when he wanted to be.

Magnus groaned and laid back with his hands clasped beneath his head. He was now wide awake and yet, more tired than when he had fallen asleep. After centuries of being closed off to the world, it shocked him just how much he had grown to rely on Alexander. They had only known each other a series of weeks and here he was lying awake wishing he was there.

He squeezed his hands tighter to keep himself from grabbing his phone to call Alec. He knew better. He couldn't push too hard or he might just disappear forever. Even for Magnus, everything was happening fast. He couldn't imagine how it was for Alec who still was afraid of what everyone would think of them. He hadn't told anyone yet and it hurt just a tiny bit, but he understood. And he at least when they were together Alec was completely his. That was more than people who were in open relationships got sometimes. He could wait, not forever, but for now.

Magnus smiled as he thought back to the night before.

"Alexander, you're right on time." Magnus smiled as he opened the door an hour after Alec was supposed to be there.

"I'm late." Alec frowned apologetically and as Magnus had suspected, he was instantly forgiven. Magnus could never stay mad at the adorable, sexy shadowhunter. "I'm sorry."

"I'm centuries old. Time doesn't matter much to me." Magnus brushed some dirt off Alec's shirt. "Why don't you come inside, take a seat, and I'll whip us up some drinks?"

"You're being too nice." Alec slumped his shoulders in embarrassment. "I'm also covered in demon blood and whatever the hell we were rolling in."

"Good thing you're dating a warlock." Magnus' hands danced around as blue magic flowed over Alec. "There. Good as new." Magnus chuckled when he saw that the clothes were anything but new. "Well, good as they were before."

"Thanks." Alec smiled, finally warming up a bit. Magnus had noticed that after Alec fought and had been around the other shadowhunters in the field he took a little time to unwind. He wondered if it was ever going to go away or if it was his way of dealing with what they did. Even Magnus had trouble sometimes with ending a life, even if it was a demon or someone evil. But, for him, it was his immortality that made it hard. If you lived long enough you would see good become evil and evil turn to good.

Alec stepped inside and let Magnus close the door. "Would you like to talk about it?" Magnus asked him.

"No, it's nothing." Alec smiled and stepped closer to Magnus. His blue eyes told him everything he needed to know, but it didn't hurt when Alec hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I missed you."

Magnus loved Alec's hugs. He knew that he wasn't a very open person but when he cared about someone he gave the best hugs. Alec wasn't very talkative especially about feelings but Magnus had quickly learned to speak "Alec".

"Are you hungry?" Magnus asked finally after Alec pulled away. Alec's eyes were heavy. "Why don't you go lay down for a bit? I can wait."

Alec stiffled a yawn. "I'm the worst date. I'm late, dirty, and tired."

"You're beautiful." Magnus kissed him, meaning for it to be a small peck. Alec leaned into the kiss. His hands snaked around Magnus' back and slowly slid under his shirt.

Alec pulled his mouth away only to nibble on Magnus' earlobe. Magnus moaned happily.

"No, I'm fine really." Alec's voice pulled Magnus out of his memories. Magnus listened closely, happily surprised that Alec hadn't actually left. "I just don't feel well."

Magnus hated only hearing part of the conversation. 

"Yeah, I will. Iz, I'm going back to sleep. Call if you really need me." Alec's voice became stronger telling Magnus that he was just outside his room now. "Okay. I will. Yes, plenty of rest and fluids. No, I don't need you to take care of me." Alec paused. "I should have just told her that I wanted the day off to stay with Magnus. Next time."

Magnus quickly closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep as Alec walked into his room. Magnus had to keep himself from smiling as Alec quietly slid into bed. Alec, unaware of the fact that Magnus was awake, snuggled up against him. Alec kissed Magnus' chest and sighed happily. Magnus pulled him closer and decided at that moment that he'd never let him go.

Question: Should we have a double update day today?