Party Time

A/N first off hello! I'm so sorry but I was researching and I was behind so I didn't want any spoilers or anything but now I'm all caught up. It's so good! I love how much Malec there is and I love watching the Malec recap videos on YouTube after.
Don't worry I won't spoil it for anyone except we're finally getting some cute domestic Malec. Just like what we've been craving.

"Magnus, why do we have to do this?" Alec asked as he sniffed his new shampoo again. Better question, could Magnus make enough of this stuff so he could just soak his while body in it?

"Becasue darling, it's fun." Magnus ruffled Alec's hair and kissed it. "You smell divine."

"All thanks to you." Alec reached over and straightened Magnus's black tie and ran his fingers over the silky gold shirt underneath. "Have I ever told you how much I love seeing you in gold?"

"Once or twice." Magnus chuckled.

"Well get used to it because I'm not going to stop." Alec smiled.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Magnus leaned forward and gave Alec a quick kiss then gave him a serious look.

"What is it? Does my breath smell?" Alec blushed and tried to smell his mouth.

"No, minty as always." Magnus smiled, but it was his client smile; it wasn't real.

"Then what's wrong?" Alec asked, terrified of the answer.

"We need to talk." Magnus said those words and Alec's heart stopped cold.

"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Jace burst in unknowingly disrupting a vast amount of tension. "Oh, gold. Nice."

Jace, oblivious to what was going on clapped Alec on the back. "Don't worry you look great too. It's going to be fine."

Alec was just going to ask his butting in friend to give them a minute but Magnus took his hand and gave him a look. They'd talk about it later. How in the world was Alec going to enjoy the next couple hours of torture while knowing that only more waited for him when they got home?

"Alexander, you need your tie." Magnus picked up the gold fabric and tied it quickly around his neck. "Perfect."

"Thanks." Alec choked out.

"It's going to be fine." Magnus whispered and kissed him again.

"Keep it PG." Jace pretended to be disgusted.

"If you don't start knocking, us kissing is going to be the least of your worries, Jack." Magnus winked at him.

"Jack? Ha ha. Very funny Maggie." Jace rolled his eyes.

"Can we just get this over with?" Alec wasn't in the mood for joking around.

"Chill, man. It's your birthday party." Jace laughed then lowered his voice. "I mean I have no idea about a party. We're just going to watch a movie, just the 3 of us."

"I wish. Why did Izzy have to do this?" Alec groaned.

"Because she loves you?" Jace shrugged.

"Actually,  it's because she got a new dress and needed a reason to wear it." Magnus offered.

"Selffish bitch." Alec smiled then all three of the. Started laughing.

"It's time to go." Jace said after checking his phone. "And heads up, Simon is doing the music."

"Might as well kill me now!" Alec held out his stele.

"He's not playing, just literally pressing play on only the songs in the playlist that Magnus made." Jace added.

"Thank the angels." Alec wiped his brow. "I'm ready...to go to bed."

"No!" Jace and Magnus each grabbed an arm and dragged Alec to the door.

"Surprise!" Clary, Simon and Izzy is shouted as they walked into the living room.

Alec looked around expecting more people to jump out.

"Did I forget to mention that it was a closed party?" Jace smirked.

"You ass." Alec shoved his best friend.

"Happy birthday, parabatai." Jace hugged him.

"Thank you."

The night flew by. They played games, ate food, listened to music and when it hit midnight Magnus ushered them out the door.

Alec sank into the couch. "This was much better than I thought it would be."

Magnus laid down with his head in Alec's lap and smiled up at him. "It was perfect."

Alec wanted to stay in that moment forever, say goodbye to moving on, and pretend that Magnus hasn't said those four words earlier. But, he couldn't.

"Magnus, are you going to tell me what you were going to say earlier?" Alec asked.

Magnus sat up and turned so he could face Alec. "We can talk in the morning. I'm sure you're tired."

"Do you want to break up?" Alec blurted.

"Do you?" Magnus cocked an eyebrow at him.

"No." Alec said honestly.

"Good."

"So what is it?"

"You've been leaving more and more things here."

"Sorry. I can take them to the institute." Alec went to get up.

"Please don't. Alexander, have you ever noticed that you never call the institute home? You never say I have to go home. You say I have to go to the institute."

Magnus took Alec's hand in his. "But, when we're out you say let's go home and watch a movie. Or can we go home and sleep."

"Sorry, do you want to go out more?" Alec frowned.

"Alexander, you can be a terrible listener." Magnus chuckled and pushed back Alec's hair that needed a trim. "What I'm saying is that you seem to see my apartment as a home. And well I want it to be your home, that is if you want it to be."

Magnus handed Alec a pillow that he made appear.

"Magnus?" Alec was still trying to process what Magnus had said when he took the pillow.

"Sorry, I still don't have a key, but I've been told home is where you lay your head so the pillow is yours for as long as you want it." Magnus smiled nervously which was rare for the aged warlock.

"Magnus you're supposed to change your pillows every couple of years." Alec pointed out.

"Alec." Magnus looked confused and a bit annoyed.

"Oh right. This is already my home. In fact this is the first place that I have actually had an I'm home feeling about and that's all thanks to you. I love you, Mags." Alec set the pillow down and cupped Magnus face in his hands. "Thank you for the pillow."

"Alec, you know I meant that I wanted you to move in right?" Magnus asked, skeptical.

"Oh." Alec blushed and pulled back slightly. "Oooh. Ooooooh. Um, then yes. I'd like that."

"By the angel you can be dense." Magnus laughed. "And I love you even then."

"You better or I might have to trade you out like this pillow." Alec smirked.

"You wouldn't dare." Magnus leaned on closer.

"Of course not, until you teach me how to make that shampoo." Alec said before kissing him.

"Ah, he jokes." Magnus smiled and kissed Alec back. 

Question: What kind of AU should I do for the next one shot or possibly a multipart?