chapter 17

The cloudy and rainy weather just passed by, the wind swept the clouds, and the temperature plummeted.

There was a hazy rain in the air, mottled water shadows were vaguely visible under the shade of the trees on both sides of the road, and branches and leaves were scattered all over the place.

Lin Xi was sitting in the co-pilot. The driver didn't turn on the air conditioner when he saw that she was soaked by the rain and might be cold.

The inside of the car was extremely stuffy. Lin Xi opened the car window with one hand. When the cold wind came in, his breathing finally became smoother.

From Dongcheng to Midtown, the extended version of the luxury SUV got off the highway, passing through the golden area of ​​the city center gracefully under the envious eyes of pedestrians.

Half an hour later, the SUV drove into a Chinese-style antique manor.

The young driver stopped the car, trotted diligently all the way, and opened the right door on his own initiative: "Little Miss, the old house is here."

Lin Xi politely thanked him and got out of the car with the gift he had bought in advance.

Looking at the interior of the single-family manor in front of him, Lin Xi was speechless. The original grandfather could own such a house in the central district of the city, which shows that his background is really unusual.

The original body is a rich second-generation, with a good family background, good looks, and obviously a good hand, why does she insist on going to provoke the heroine Chu Muqing?

"Miss, are you here?"

As soon as she got out of the car, the old butler who had been waiting for a long time greeted her with a smile.

Looking at Lin Xi's clothes that were different from usual, he couldn't help but wonder, "What's wrong with you?"

Miss again?

Is it the original name on her grandfather's side?

Originally, she had bought gifts, and she wanted to go buy new clothes, but before she could, the phone number urged by the driver had already called.

Lin Xi fooled: "I forgot to bring an umbrella when I went out, and I got wet."

That's not what the old housekeeper asked. He looked at Lin Xi. She was dressed today—

The wet white shirt, jeans, and shoes were full of traces of dirt... In the past, every time Lin Xi came to see the master at the old house, at least she would put on neat makeup and dress up at Mrs. Lin's instructions.

However, Lin Xi is the one who grew up with him. It sounds good because this child has never taken the usual path, but it sounds bad because she has always been crazy, and she might do something out of the ordinary, so Mrs. Lin can control it. hold her.

"By the way, young lady... The master is meeting a very important guest." The old housekeeper said, "Mrs. Lin is waiting for you. Please follow me to see her as soon as you arrive."

Lin Xi nodded and followed the old housekeeper all the way to a bedroom on the second floor.

As soon as she pushed the door, she saw a beautiful woman sitting beside the bed.

To be precise, she is a graceful and luxurious woman. Mrs. Lin is well-dressed, well-maintained, and her face is well-made. If you don't look carefully, you won't even be able to see the wrinkles on her face.

When Lin Xi entered, Mrs. Lin was putting makeup on her face.

Seeing her come in, Mrs. Lin put down the eyebrow pencil in her hand, turned sideways, and was about to speak, but her eyes stayed on her clothes again.