chapter 40

"Chu Zhi..."

In the classroom, the little boy walked over from the next row of seats. He blushed and asked, "Chu Zhi, I forgot my pencil today."

The quiet little girl raised her head, blinked her beautiful eyes and said hesitantly, "Ah?"

"I..." As soon as the little boy saw her eyes his face turned even redder: "I forgot to bring my pencil today, can you lend it to me?"

"Of course." The little girl lowered her head pulled out the cute pencil case with the rabbit pattern and took out a sharpened pencil inside: "Here it is."

The little boy took it, immediately lowered his head, and said, "Thank you!"

After he finished speaking, he ran away quickly.

It was the break time. The children had just watched most of the cartoons of the class, and their minds were still in the excitement of the animated characters. Several boys in the aisle of the class were running back and forth playing the characters in the animation.

Chu Zhi was afraid that they would accidentally bump into her so her small body moved and leaned in again.

After a while, the little boy came over again.

He hesitantly stood beside Chu Zhi's small desk without speaking.

Chu Zhi looked up at him: "What's the matter?"

"Chu Zhi..." The little boy pondered for a long time and then said, "Can you lend me the eraser again?"

Chu Zhi thought for a while: "I only have one piece, can you return it to me when your done?"

"Ah... Of course I will." The little boy said with a smile, "Is it okay?"

Chu Zhi took out the pink eraser from the pencil bag and handed it to him: "Remember to give it back to me."

"Oh...good!" The little boy blushed and ran again.

But after another minute, the little boy came back.

Chu Zhi: ...

"Do you still want to borrow my book?"

The little boy quickly wiped the eraser in his palm and put it on her desk: "No, no, I want to ask, can you come to my birthday party next week?"

The little boy blushed again and said, "Don't listen to their nonsense, you really don't need to buy gifts. There are many gifts in our family and we can give them to you."

Chu Zhi thought for a while and finally explained carefully: "My mother is very busy with work, so I really can't go."

"Oh... that's fine." The boy was a little disappointed: "Shu Yu won't go either, it seems that you and Shu Yu are the only ones in our class who won't go..."

"Shu Yu?" Chu Zhi was stunned for a moment, then turned to look at the girl two rows of seats across.

The girl was looking down at the book, Chu Zhi glanced at the cover of the book and felt that she didn't even recognize the words on the cover.

Chu Zhi blinked.

How did she understand it?

"Yeah, you and Shu Yu are not going, everyone else is going." The little boy remembered again: "Oh, Yunyun can't go either her mother came to drop her out of school today, I just saw Yunyun in the window With her mother and Teacher Chen!"

The little boy asked her reluctantly: "Can you go home and talk to your mother, I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Ah..." Chu Zhi couldn't bear to see his sad expression, and hesitantly said, "Then I'll go home and ask my mother."