chapter 157

Lin Xi felt that she was completely overthinking but things were gradually developing in a strange direction.

At first, she was worried that Mother Lin would continue to be indifferent to Chu Muqing and the meeting between the two families might become stiff and her mother-in-law also expressed all kinds of nervousness to her and Chu Muqing before coming.

Mother Chu said on the phone that she was afraid of being rude to her relatives. After all, the Lin family is a so-called "big family" in the whole capital and there are many people in the big family, so they made "grand" preparations, such as wearing her expensive clothes an old-fashioned suits and specially selected gifts.

However, when she found out that Lin Dongxing was the student she had taught and it was the most troublesome for her, whenever he was in class, he would interrupt her class in various ways and she asked Lin Dongxing's head teacher to invite his parents even Lin's mother because Lin Dongxing This 'problem boy' was called to the head teacher's office many times and after Mama Lin apologized to Mama Chu and the head teacher...

The two mothers first had a polite greeting and then entered the hotel banquet hall for five minutes of embarrassment and then the chat between the two mothers became cordial and warm.

They were chatting and laughing like no one else was around and the others at the table began to look at each other.

Lin Dongxing and Lin Xi sat together, Lin Xi was stunned for a while and gradually understood the general situation from the conversation between the two mothers about the past.

When Lin Dongxing was studying, he was yellow-haired and generous. He didn't recognize his relatives so he was afraid of Mrs. Lin's "stepmother" and the meticulous "Mother Chu".

"Perhaps you believe it, the young master was the school bully back then." Lin Dongxing said triumphantly to Lin Xi beside him.

Lin Xi: ...

Lin Xi and Chu Muqing looked at each other and both saw smiles in each other's eyes.

"Don't you believe it?" Lin Dongxing was very dissatisfied with their teasing eyes and lowered his voice: "If you don't believe me, go ask the entire Xicheng District, who did not know Lin Xiaoye in every aspect."

When he said this, Lin Xi was sipping tea and almost coughed out of it.

She finally breathed a sigh of relief, then tilted her head and said to him, "Believe, second brother, I believe everything you say."

On the other hand, Mama Lin and Mama Chu are as close as sisters.

Mother Lin looked at the large and small boxes of gifts that were taken over by Lin Licheng and put on the table and said with a smile, "My dear, you are too polite, why did you bring so many things?"

Mother Chu held her wrist affectionately and smiled: "Ah, it's not anything valuable, Mu Qing and I picked it together."

Mama Lin paused and glanced at Chu Muqing, the gaze in her eyes became extremely soft.

Chu Muqing smiled at her and then lowered her eyebrows.

Mama Lin patted the back of Mama Chu's hand and deliberately raised her face: "I don't say it's worthless. Look at that silk scarf. I've been wanting it for a long time but I haven't bought it yet. Is it the latest limited edition?"

"You can see it, you just like it." Mother Chu said with a smile, "Mu Qing's unit cooperates with this company, so it was decided in advance."

Mother Lin nodded and said in surprise, "Really... Muqing's company makes clothing. It's really good to have cooperation with this brand and let us as parents follow suit."