chapter 38

When she woke up, Lin Xi's brain was groggy.

The window in the living room was closed, the lights were turned on and it was a little stuffy. She lowered her head and she was covered with a heavy quilt.

The hangover headache made her pinch her temples and her throat was unbearably dry and thirsty.

The suit jacket is gone only the shirt remains and the shoes are neatly placed on the floor tiles in front of the sofa.

There was also a small blue glass bottle on the coffee table in front of the sofa. Half of the liquid in the bottle was seen. Lin Xi reached out and took a look. It was a hangover medicine.

last night-

Last night she was dragged to the bar by Zheng Yayi...

Wang Zhihe's group began to frantically offer her wine...

When she almost lost consciousness after drinking, she stood up swayingly and after going to the bathroom she went to the first floor alone.

Then-

I saw Chu Muqing.

Memories began to fragment.

I only remember that Chu Muqing brought her home.

After that-

Lin Xi blinked, suddenly thought of something and sat up from the sofa.

Last night, Chu Muqing dragged her upstairs. She muttered and asked Chu Muqing: "Chu Muqing, Chu Muqing, why is your face so white..."

Chu Muqing seemed to grit her teeth and said to her, "It's has nothing to do with you."

When she was about to enter the door, Chu Muqing grabbed her with one hand and opened the door with the other.

She also owes a few minutes to grab someone's door key and use her index finger to block their lips: "Shh..."

Chu Muqing hated her: "What's wrong?"

She replied: "Shh, keep your voice down, don't make a noise..."

Chu Muqing was speechless for a while then looked at her with a half-smile: "How can you still think of this?"

She was dizzy, thinking that Chu Muqing was complimenting her, she nodded proudly and said, "Of course, our family head has the most sense of responsibility!"

Lin Xi: ...

Gee.

My head seems to be hurting even more.

Lin Xi rubbed her frizzy hair in frustration and finally remembered what she did when she was drunk last night.

Wasn't she like this before?

In the past, when the company had to drink at a dinner party it was not without it. Even if she was under pressure she would deliberately get drunk when she was drinking at home. Wasn't she like this before?

- Oh, it seems not.

She used to get drunk at home alone and would talk to the ragdoll cat she raised.

Lin Xi: ...

But Chu Muqing wasn't her puppet cat!

-sky! Kill her!

Thinking back to the subtle look Chu Muqing looked at her last night, she was able to dig out the three rooms and one living room with just her feet and ashamedly wanted to find a crack on the spot to get in.

- It's so embarrassing.

Until the sound of the doorknob turning.

Lin Xi stood up from the sofa almost like a conditioned reflex. She stepped on the ground with her bare feet and saw the person outside the door walking in early with her.