chapter 141

Chu Muqing's gift was a rose gold necklace. The end of the necklace was two small chains connected in series, the size of which was the size of a tail ring. One of the two "tail rings" was engraved with "Eternal Love" and the other Engraved with "locked for life".

Lin Xi has been wearing it since then and she is reluctant to take it off when she takes a shower and sleeps.

On Thursday, Lin Xi took a day off to celebrate Mother Chu's birthday.

There are gifts for mother Chu in the car. With the approaching of the new year, even all kinds of gift boxes are packaged in red and the atmosphere of the new year has begun to spread in the streets.

Even when Chu Muqing drove to the supermarket to buy a gift box of fruit, she heard the Happy New Year song playing in the supermarket.

When shopping in the supermarket, Lin Xi led the children and chatted with her with a smile.

Chu Muqing held a fruit basket in her hand and remembered something, she said to Lin Xi, "Can you help me check the phone number of the dessert shop near my mother's community, I forgot to order a cake for her."

"It's okay, I've already made an appointment."

Chu Muqing heard that she already ordered, raised her eyebrows slightly and looked at her.

Lin Xi nodded again with a smile and said to her, "Yes, this is the first time I will celebrate the birthday of our mother and I will definitely make all preparations in advance to please her, so that she can give her daughter to me with confidence."

Chu Muqing couldn't help but think of something after listening to her cute words and asked, "Including that calligraphy and painting?"

A while ago, Lin Xi took a few calligraphy and paintings at the auction. They were all genuine works that were carefully collected by many collectors. There were famous landscapes and there were authentic works of emperors. The collection value is indeed higher than their current value.

"Huh?" Lin Xi shook her head: "Didn't you say that mother taught history?"

Chu Muqing asked, "So what?"

"So, it's good to let her appreciate the things that will be mentioned on the test paper?"

Naturally speaking, Chu Muqing didn't know how to refute for a while.

Mother Chu is a teacher who has retired. She has been diligent in teaching and educating people for most of her life. In fact, she doesn't pay much attention to these things but Lin Xi gave her such an expensive thing to celebrate her birthday, which made her feel bad.

Even Su Rui occasionally complained to her, feeling that Lin Xi's behavior was a bit unique.

Lin Xi is very concerned about her career, including when she is in the car, she will handle the work seriously when she receives a call from the company. But she despises money, it seems that she doesn't value wealth but only her career.

The degree of disregard is equivalent to that, to her, the money in this world is just a number.

Even now, she doesn't look like a businessman chasing fame and fortune.

Su Rui said that maybe this is the confidence of children from rich families.

After paying the money and returning to the car, Chu Zhi insisted on getting out of the car to buy cotton  candy outside the supermarket.

Lin Xi got out of the car again to buy it for her. While she was waiting for the cotton candy, she received a call again. She turned her head and saw that Chu Muqing was looking at her with the car window down. She smiled and then she lowered her voice to the other end of the phone and said, "A plan has been changed so many times and there are still many loopholes. Didn't you say that he had been in the industry for more than 20 years when he was interviewed?"