chapter 84

Lin Xi came out wearing pajamas after taking a shower.

Aunt Sun had already left and when she finished taking a shower, Chu Muqing told her that there was dinner for her in the kitchen, the porridge was kept warm and the other meals were already cold so she had to reheat them before eating.

After Chu Muqing finished reminding, she said apologetically, "I'm sorry, I just received a call from my mother and I forgot to tell you that there is still a meal left."

Lin Xi understood why she apologized and said with a smile, "It's okay, I'm not very hungry anyway, just brush your teeth after drinking the porridge."

Lin Xi wondered if it was because of her original smoking or because she liked to drink coffee on weekdays. Her teeth were very bad.

I didn't pay much attention to it before and then I occasionally had a toothache.

She felt that she might need to go to the hospital to see the dentist.

While Lin Xi was sitting at the dining table sipping porridge, Chu Muqing was sitting on the sofa not far away. She was wearing a light blue close-fitting nightgown and was reading with a book in her hand. The cuffs were rolled up to the elbow revealing a delicate arm as white as lotus root.

She didn't know if Chu Muqing had sprayed perfume in the living room. The faint scent lingered in the air. It smelled quite nice but when the wind blew in through the gap in the window she had just taken a shower and her hair was still half wet. The back of the head was blown a little dizzy by the wind.

The temperature is getting colder day by day but at least it is no longer raining every day.

Aunt Chen cooked pork ribs porridge tonight. It was delicious. The meat on the ribs was soft and tender. However when she was eating a bone broke her teeth. After a while she cried because of the pain.

After she finished eating, she sullenly went to the kitchen to brush the dishes and went out to brush her teeth. When the toothbrush brushed her teeth, she touched the tip with her tongue lightly and clearly felt the loosening of the third-to-last molar on the upper right side and it was painful.

Lin Xi: ...

She wanted to tell Chu Muqing that her teeth seemed to be broken but she felt that the reason her teeth broke is because of eating pork ribs... It was very embarrassing to let Chu Muqing know.

Finally decided not to speak.

Lin Xi returned to the living room and found that Chu Muqing was still reading the book "Space Fantasy" on the sofa.

Lin Xi walked over and stretched out her hand: "Bring it."

Chu Muqing raised her head in surprise her eyes fell on her face: "Huh?"

Lin Xi smiled as a matter of course: "Didn't you told me to read it to you?"

Chu Muqing paused, a smile appeared on her face.

Lin Xi actually took it seriously.

Lin Xi sat down on the sofa beside her and the soft sofa sank. Lin Xi just washed her face with the facial cleanser which smelled of lemon.

Lin Xi took the book from her and asked her casually, "Where did you last read?"

Chu Muqing didn't answer.

Lin Xi glanced at the page number, she blinked her eyes in confusion and asked her again, "You only read two pages after reading for half an hour?"

Chu Muqing lowered her eyebrows and said in an apologetic tone "I've always been slow at reading."