A very Rocky Road

Kawasaki sighed melancholically as his view landed on his scarce pay for that week. " Only 5.28$? How am I supposed to afford rent with that?" He whined. Becca saw his struggles and pitied him. Then, she decided it was time to play teacher and educate Kawasaki.

"Heyy, whatcha doin'?" She beamed.
"Oh..hey Becca. My restaurant isn't doing so well this week." He frowned.
"I guess I could help you.." Becca suggested.
His face lit up like fireworks. "Really? I'd love that!" He cheered.
"Ok, here are some recipes that you might want to know.."

It had been a few days and the only restaurant in town was closed. People assumed he'd gone bankrupt but such wasn't the case. Behind the scenes, he was learning to make deserts and confectionery of the finest quality. He'd also learned how to make fast food and homely meals to balance out a bit. By the time he had opened up, the town was enraptured by curiosity. Flooding through the doors were ravenous Cappies, eager for food. The new menu was intreguing for them and they could help but enjoy the new dishes to choose. Oh and the deserts were heavenly, so delicious and so full of flavour! His food had gone from hot trash to hot and trendy. Everyone loved the taste and no one could top his treats.

Dedede sat isolated in his throne room. It was barren and he felt unenthusiastic. A ripple from his stomach gestured that it was time to eat. He indicated to Escargoon that they were going to Kawasaki's.

Bursting through the door, Dedede pushed through the line. Advancing the counter, he snagged a menu from a nearby table and scanned it for anything interesting. Almost every dish popped out. "Fish and chips? Hamburgers? Mac and cheese? What's all this?" He boomed. Kawasaki introduced him to the new menu.
"I shut for a few days to perfect my cuisine. I had Rebecca help me." He pointed at her and she waved at him politely. The two waved back and smiled. "I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, Kawasaki. I hope you've become better." Dedede diverted his eyes, he sounded different. "I'll have a hamburger." He ordered.

Patiently, he sat at his table. Momentarily, Becca came out with a gormet burger. It looked succulent, juicy and promising. The king took one bite and.." Hey~ this is hella tasty!" He complimented. Becca could only blush with pride. "Awe, thank you~!" She smiled.

Once

he was finished with his cheesecake, he returned to the castle. Something about him changed, but nobody could tell why. He was so much more considerate and patient. Meta Knight was watching from the shadows, documenting what he was doing. He then saw him call up on Susie. "Hey! You're looking nice today Susie." Dedede complimented.
Stunned, she stuttered," O..oh, thank you!"
Funnily enough, he was actually being sincere about it. "Have you got some good presents I can give? Or perhaps stuff for a party?" He embarrassedly requested.
"We've got all that and more." Susie winked.
"Well, I'll take whatever will help me have a great time!" Dedede chuckled.
Meta Knight could only watch in awe, the King had never acted so nice before or been so sincere about it.
"I've just gotten so tired of being so horrible to everyone. I wanted to apologise to everybody." Dedede confessed. "I treat the Star Warriors so terribly. I don't even know why. They aren't even terrible people. Meta Knight is so polite and obedient and Kirby is just so playful and optimistic."
Meta Knight beamed with pride, hearing a genuine compliment from the King.
"So, I'd like to apologise. Send me whatever you got that could make for a great apology, please." Dedede requested again.