Second thoughts

When (Y/n) finally rose out of bed, they still were as drowsy as before. They hadn't noticed the blanket that laid on top of them, (Y/n) just assumed they had covered themself with the blanket.

The others came in as (Y/n) went through into the other room. To their surprise, Becca, Maddie, Dark Meta Knight and Morpho Knight were all there as well. The Halcandran laughed nervously when they asked where they had come from,"Well, they were worried about you so I told them what you were doing for me."

His excuse was believable enough. "That reminds me, I'll be taking these from you now." Magolor said, taking the oars out of Kirby's grasp. Leading them outside, he showed them where the piece went. Clasping his hands together in glee, he congratulated them for finding it. "It was not that far away from the ship, so it was not that big of an issue." Meta Knight informed him.

Truly, Meta Knight didn't know how to feel about the stranger. It would take more than a kind facade to sound believable. "You can retrieve another piece tomorrow, you have done well today." Magolor told them, seeming generous.

So, they broke off into groups and spoke with one another. Maddie and Becca were inspecting the ship and the technology aboard it. Kirby, Bandana Waddle Dee and (Y/n) were heading off on a picnic and the Knights were all discussing something confidentially. This meant only Dedede and Magolor were left to stand awkwardly in the centre of the room.

Striking up a conversation, the Halcandran started speaking with King Dedede about his land and his role. "Well, it doesn't feel like I'm King. My subjects listen to me, and I'm grateful for that, but it's out of fear. I've made so many mistakes I wish I could just take back." He stammered with regret.

All Magolor could do was give him a faux pitiful glance. " Oh, that's not true. I bet they love you as their king and wouldn't have it any different." He reassured in a forged tone of pity.

This cheered Dedede up a bit. Though Magolor was faking it, he had actually felt bad for the King. He became a bit hesitant with his plan on ruling Popstar for a second - only for a second. As he backed away into a corner, he shook his head in disbelief; what was he on about? Had he done all of this for nothing? All he wanted was the power of the Ruler's Crown that Landia wore. That way, he could get the respect he deserved!

The more he thought about his plan, the less he wanted to go through with it. What was making him so soft all of a sudden? Why did he not want to hurt them?

"Why can't I bring myself to hurt them?! I'm supposed to destroy them, not aid them." He screamed at his reflection, tears clouding his vision.

Rubbing away his guilt, he made his way out of the bathroom with cheery eyes and a fake smile. All he needed was some fresh air, that was all.

Making his way outside, he felt the wind push against his robes. No day in Halcandra had been this breezy and bright. No, Halcandra was the equivalent of a literal hell, full of monsterous creatures and lava. The entire place was such a degree that it was hard to endure unless you were used to it. That reminded him, he would eventually have to persuade Kirby and his friends to kill Landia for him so he could gain possession of the crown. 

Just as he had Landia on the mind, the actual Landia swooped down to attack him, as if on qué. Begging for help, he shouted loudly and pleaded for someone to save him.

It looked like the end for him, Landia had really taken it's anger out on him. By this point, he was a raggedy mess of a person, his robes ripped to shreds and blood dripped everywhere.

Was he on his deathbed?
No.

Of course, Kirby had heard it all and made his way outside to save him, unaware of his plans. Fending off Landia, Kirby kept it at bay as (Y/n) ushered Magolor inside the Lor Starcutter.

He felt his heart beat faster than it ever had. It was evaded, his death had been evaded. Destiny clearly wanted him gone but his new allies prevented what she had written. "Hey, bring the bean here." Maddie smirked, pointing at Magolor.

(Y/n) helped him over to Maddie, as he got his breath back. "Let me see..." She muttered, placing her hands over his mounds and healing them.

When she had finished, she pretended to have cleaned it out and patched it up. "That healed better than I expected it to. Your lucky you are even alive with injuries like that, bro." She lied, making him feel worse about his plans.

The Halcandran perched himself upright and thought deeply about his plans as everyone returned to their conversations that they had broken away from.

"I'll have to come clean sooner or later.." he mumbled under his breath.