Venture Forth! Pt 8- Wham Bam rock

The monarch became unnerved by her final sentence.

"Just as I wanted to be."

"Hey, Dedede, you good?"

Frantically, the king opened his eyes. Partially, he believed she was going to kill him there and then, so he closed his eyes tightly.

Saffron gave a confused glare as she drew a gun from a slot in her belt that was hidden by her overlapping blouse. "Dedede, we're looking for Wham Bam rock, would you happen to know who that would be?" She asked him needily,almost expecting him to say yes.

A disappointed sigh escaped her lungs when he shook his head in response to her question,"I'm sorry but I don't know who that is. If I did then I'd tell you." Dedede murmured, scratching the back of his head.

"Gah, mierda!" Saffron cursed aloud.

Fortunately, the King had no idea what she was shouting as he didn't know Spanish.

Meanwhile, in the cavern with the others...

(Y/n) merrily trot a far distance in front of the others. Most of them paid no attention to the low rumbles of the cavern and forgot to notice that their own King had wandered adrift. Not a single soul dared to breathe when the wall began to crack and a monster emerged from within them.

It reminded them of something that would be classed as tribal, mixed with large stone hands that moved to their own accord a distance away from its main body.

By this time, the knights had their weapons drawn and the younger ones had cowered behind the humans, cuddling desperately.

It was a major shock to them all when the knights all got defeated in one swift blow. Becca stopped herself from crying out loud for it to stop, as Maddie grabbed her by the wrist and encouraged her to stay off the battlefield.

When Wham Bam rock came closer, Maddie formed a protective crystal around them and tried her best to protect the children.

Just as the barrier started to dull and shatter, Dedede appeared from the shadows and drew his mallet viciously before approaching the foe with deadly intentions.

His newfound friend shot a bullet through one of it's eyes with a revolver that she had freshly reloaded. The smoke off of the gun clouded the air as it began to thicken and blur it's vision.

To end it off with a bang, Dedede spun his hammer below him and grinded it right through Wham Bam rock's main body. Immediately, it burst into a poor of stars, which Kirby collected, as Saffron congratulated him for his well appreciated efforts.

"Thanks, but I couldn't have done it without...where did she go?" Dedede told them, his voice echoing off the damp walls of the jagged cavern.

He looked around in search for her, but it was clear she had gone without any goodbyes.

"She was..suspicious.." Morpho Knight muttered to Dark Meta Knight, who gave a nod.

"Yes, I've helped how I can. Now, next up is you, Lillian." Saffron smirked, pointing over to her severely introverted sister.

With a heavy sigh, Lillian put aside her book before teleporting off to the next star that the warriors were yet to visit.