Venture Forth! Pt 7 - Cavius

They proceeded on to the next star they were supposed to visit. From what they had heard, it was called Cavius.

Stepping through yet another portal, they found themselves on a planet that reminded them of a damp cavern.

The enemies of the planet were camouflaged against the blunt rocks on the floor.

"Wow, this place is just as cold and dead as Met-" Dedede started, recieving a swift punch in his left shoulder from Becca.

He gave a whine at the pain and clutched his shoulder timidly,"Remind me not to badmouth Meta in front of Becca please.."

She gave a crack of her knuckles and he winced at her gesture,"You forget he's my friend. Don't be a Dededick." Becca threatened.

(Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at what she had said. The younglings chuckled as well and Dedede broke into a nervous sweat.

He carried on walking in embarrassment,"Great, not only does he skim rocks better than I do but he also has everyone on his side.." he muttered to himself.

"Hey, what's wrong amigo?"  A girl with ombre hair asked him as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

The King's eyes were met with a pitiful glance from the strangers own sapphire eyes. "Aye, I asked una pregunta! Are you bueno, mi hermano?" She said, breaking off into Spanish towards the end.

"Uh...I don't know french, sorry. I think Meta Knight does." Dedede told her, pointing to his Head Knight with a frown.
"Ah, another monolingual who knows nothing in Spanish. I was just asking if you were okay, mi amigo." The stranger murmured with a roll of her soft blue eyes.
"I'm fine, just a bit annoyed that a friend of mine is liked more than me by my other friends." Dedede sighed, looking over at the swordsman again.

As much as he enjoyed his loyal servant getting the affection he rightfully deserved, he envied it simultaneously. Some days, he wished that he hadn't of come out of his shell and socialized more.

The stranger wrapped an arm around King Dedede,"Don't envy the social life of others, it'll only make you feel worse about yoursen. Here, I'll be your friend if you want me to. The name's Saffron Starstruck." She greeted, outstretching a gloved hand.

He clutched her hand and shook it in a nice greeting,"King Dedede." He told her.

"A monarch, how delightful. I'm awfully glad to meet you, Dedede. I'll accompany you on your journey because you look a tad bit lonely." Saffron kindly said to him, a smile broadening on her face.

The two were so caught up talking that they ended up astray with the rest of their gathering far away.

Neither of them noticed and they continued to babble aimlessly, just as Saffron wanted.

The King took a look at his new companion; she had ombre hair that was dyed to fade from a pastel pink to a purple then to a blue at the very tips. On her top half she wore a white hoodie with sleeves reaching her elbows. She had jean shorts on and brown boots on that hardly reached up half her lower leg. On her face she has a white mask that seemed to give her confidence a rather strong boost. From what could be seen of it, it looked like a cat or a fox mask with two eyeholes that showed her sky blue eyes.

"Dedede, we're getting off track and we're far away from the others.." she told him, making him glance around frantically, searching for the others.

"Just as I wanted to be."