Another sleepless night

The two of them returned to their beds after their little chat. Both of them felt the same: Anxious.

(Y/n) sat on their bed in a panicked state. What Magolor had told them had shaken them up a lot; the fact that he was plotting to kill the behind their back made them wonder if they were truly safe on board.

A knock came from the door. "Come in.." (Y/n) barely managed to say.

To their surprise, it was Galacta Knight. "Oh..hey Galacta Knight.." they stammered.

The Knight had seen everything that took place that night - including their conversation with Magolor.
"(Y/n), we will have to leave. Magolor could be dangerous and he might just be fabricating lies to build up your trust. We aren't safe here." He told them.
"I..I know that but what if he needs...if..if he needs..help?" The puffball piped up.

That thought hadn't crossed Galacta Knight's mind. What if Magolor just needed help? Not help stealing the Master Crown but emotional support and mental help?

He shook the very thought of it out of his mind, Magolor was evil and wanted to kill the lot of them. "(Y/n), he's not stable. He could hurt you or Kirby or any one of us. We can't risk it so we will leave tomorrow." He commanded, retreating to his own room for the night. Just before he left, he stole one final glance at the distressed puffball.

That night seemed to drag on and on, every second taking it's time. Clouded by disturbing thoughts, (Y/n)'s mind refused to let them sleep. No matter how heavy their eyelids got, they managed to keep their eyes open. It was torture, being stuck between trusting the Halcandran or being afraid of them. As much as (Y/n) wanted to believe that they had changed, what Galacta Knight had said just stuck with them.
"He's not stable."

It had been god knows how many hours and (Y/n) still couldn't sleep. Not even the distant twinkle of stars or the soft songs of the owls could soothe them to sleep.

Another, more gentle knock came from the doorway after a few more minutes of deep thought. "(Y/n)? Are you..awake..?" Maddie questioned.

(Y/n) perked up at her voice,"Maddie? Yeah, I'm awake but what are you doing here?" (Y/n) reflected the question.

The human gave a scoff and pushed their questions aside. "Hey, wanna go to the beach? I hear it looks great at night.." She offered, holding a hand out.

Graciously, the puffball accepted the invitation and followed her out to the beach.

It looked beautiful.
For some reason, artificial flowers were floating on the water with lit candles in the centre of them. The moonlight illuminated the beach perfectly, making it  look gorgeous. Shells were arranged carefully on the sand and beach towels were laid out in preparation for their visit.

(Y/n) turned to Maddie in confusion," Did you set this up by yourself?" They asked her.

Laughing softly, she tilted her hand from side to side," So-so. I got help from the circus freaks but I arranged it all."

This showed another perspective of Maddie's personality. It displayed her softer side..but why? Why would she want to set up an entire beach as if they were on a date?

"I couldn't sleep so I guess I designed this. I also ended up baking an entire basket of cookies at Castle Dedede. Then, I played Friday Night Funkin' and beat the whole game so far." She smirked, holding up a basket filled with cookies.

Sitting down on the towel, Maddie set the basket in-between the two of them and laid on her stomach. The gentle breeze made for a rather chilly evening. Shivering from the cold, Maddie looked to her companion to see if they felt the same. They were also shivering a tad. "Well, a shame that Mollie isn't here or we could've had a nice little campfire." Maddie joked, getting an amused stare from (Y/n).

"Who said what about campfires?" Mollie said, tilting her head a bit.
"Oh, please light a campfire. I'm legit so cold right now." Maddie begged.

Mollie lit a campfire and sat down besides Maddie. "So, what are you two doing? You on a date or something?" She smirked, earning a punch in the shoulder from Maddie.
"No! We're spending time together as friends." Maddie corrected.
"So...a date but as friends?"
"Exactly."

Mollies attention turned to the mesmerising tide which drew her away from the conversation. It's not as if there was any conversation within the now silent group anyway.

It was a bit nerve wracking, the silence was odd because there were plenty of people to talk to.

Maddie got round to making small talk,"So, how have you been this evening anyway?"
"Oh..uh... I've been better.." (Y/n) mumbled.

This made Maddie concerned for her friend,"Why, Magolor slaughter someone in front of you?" She teased, unknowingly.
"No, he told me his plans. Turns out he was using us to get an artifact that would give him boundless power so he could enslave the galaxy and take it for his own, then he would slay us all despite us being so faithful and assisting him with his plans. Ha, who knew? He schemed behind our backs and all the while we were collecting ship pieces and orbs." (Y/n) murmured.

That really captured Maddie's attention, along with Mollie's. "Wait, so the guy who you were helping turned out to be a homicidal maniac who wants to dominate over every life force and use all of you as heartless puppets to do his dirty work for him and in the end he won't spare your life? Sheesh, talk about cruel." Mollie chimed in, shaking her head and folding her arms in disgust.

Maddie looked to the horizon and noticed the sun was slowly crawling into it's morning spot. "Welp, there goes another night's worth of sleep." Maddie sighed."You'd best be getting back to the castle, Molls."

With a dissatisfied grunt, she got up and waved goodbye to her friends as she set off for Castle Dedede.

The human picked up the puffball and walked back to the Lor Starcutter in fear.