Venture Forth! Pt 11- Heavy Lobster

You probably expected this already but I'd just like to point out that this is the 100th chapter of this story. I'm pretty happy about that and I'd just like to say thanks to all of you who've stuck around this long to see this story blossom into whatever it has now.

Anyway, onto the story.

Morpho Knight was lost in thought as the heel of his shoes scraped aimlessly against the frigid metal. They'd been wandering around for hours and still hadn't defeated the boss, or even found him or her or them yet.

He made sure to keep an eye on the newcomer, as she'd said something along the lines of demons earlier. Whatever it was clearly made King Dedede interested...

Dark Meta Knight took Morpho's hand in his own and gave him a patient smile, which Morpho returned. From the corner of his eye, Morpho Knight could've sworn that a content grin snaked into Astro's face, even if it were only for a minute.

Without any warning given, a large golden plated creature landed right before them, causing the barren ground to quake. Kirby cowered behind Dedede when he heard the noise; the poor child didn't like loud noises at all, given his experience.

From what they could see, it partially reassembled a lobster of some kind. Except from that, its appearance was very questionable. It had golden plates on its circuits and compromised hands for heavy metal claws which it snapped rapidly. Occasionally, it would shoot fire from said claws which made it all the more intimidating.

With a confident smirk on his bare face, Meta Knight drew trustworthy Galaxia and the battle commenced.

Swiftly approaching his enemy, Meta Knight held Galaxia tightly and swung the holy weapon directly at it, making a massive dent in it's armour.

When it got attacked, it decided to stop standing around and face it's foe. Irritatedly, it erratically clasped it's claws together in an attempt to attack the enemy.

Being as cunning as he was, Meta Knight narrowly avoided the attacks and landed another blow on the mechanical being's back. Oil spilled from the cut on its upper back as sparks of electricity cackled loudly.

Plunging the blade directly through the robot's chest, Meta Knight made it obvious who had won the battle.

Heavy Lobster's lifeless body fell to the floor before collapsing entirely and bursting into a flurry of Star Power.

The other members of the gathering bombarded him with compliments and such as Dedede watched from afar, envious of the attention he was getting.

Even the novice decided to compliment the knight on his skillful moveset. "That was undeniably a perfect example of a great fight." Lillian smirked.

Gratefully, the swordsman accepted her compliment and walked over to his lover as she returned to her closest friend in the group.

Dedede almost went off on one, now she had also given him attention.

He snapped,"What was that about? I thought I was your friend, your only friend!"

Taken aback, she hissed,"I can compliment people if I want to."

(Y/n) looked at them as the argument started.

"No, it's just that you're meant to be my friend!"

"I didn't even say he was my friend.."

"Only friends compliment eachother, idiot!"

"Well, I can compliment other people too!"

With that, Lillian stomped off to whoknowswhere as Galacta Knight opened a portal to another star. Hesitantly, Dedede stepped through as he looked back at Lillian, who was masked by the shadows.