Venture Forth! pt 4 - Skyhigh

They all entered the portal and their eyes were met with the sight of clouds. Nothing else, just clouds.

Beneath their feet were a carpet of clouds that mimicked a shaggy rug. It was surprising to the (Y/n), how could they hold the weight of all of them combined?

Becca and Maddie floated cautiously above the ground; the two of them subconsciously believing that they would fall of they didn't.

Several Waddle Dees, equipped with parasols, roamed the area. It was obvious that they enjoyed the terrain and carelessly treaded around.

"We should be looking for the enemy. I have no idea what it would be but..stay on guard!" Astro reminded them, drawing her sword from it's scabbard.

Carefully, the group followed closely behind her. None of them wanted to appear as wimpy so they said nothing about the ground and how it could open up at any given moment.

For many miles, they warily ventured onwards. Many times the floor had opened up to swallow them, but they managed to avoid the casualties.

They decided it would be wise to have a short break. Clearly, the enemy was hiding from them. Or, if it wasn't, it was just busy with something.

(Y/n) sat down next to Bandana Waddle Dee and Meta Knight. Placing their hands behind them, they felt the softness of the clouds below them. It was something fresh out of a dream.

The band of heroes rested for a few minutes, chatting among themselves leisurely. Both of the humans eerily looked to a side, obviously interested in something.

When (Y/n) turned to look, they saw nothing too interesting at all; all there was were more parasol Waddle Dees and a Waddle Doo. Shaking their head in disbelief, the young puffball engaged in another conversation with their companions.

Maddie leaned towards Becca and whispered something in her ear, something inaudible. She gave a subtle nod before pointing and whispering to Maddie.

The two were discussing a very secretive topic, (Y/n) thought as they watched them whisper more.

The clouds around the resting heroes darkened, indicating a storm was well underway. Kracko approached them and opened it's singular eye.

The knights drew their weapons at once and urged the others to do the same. (Y/n) pulled out their trustworthy weapon and pointed it direct that Kracko's eye. "Prepare for your fate, Kracko." They boomed, thrusting the end of their weapon deep into it's eye.

The battle concluded much quicker than they had anticipated, not that it was a bad thing.

Kirby complained and whined about how exhausted he was and that he needed a nap. Dedede snapped at him, telling him that they weren't done.

The young star warrior gave a hum of disapproval before sighing.