Something unexplained

Becca and Maddie were stood watching the King on his throne. He looked really bored with nothing to do whatsoever. Even with two sidekicks and a whole roster of friends, he was left with nothing to do.

Softly, a maid approached him and offered him something to eat. "Here you go, your majesty. This is a slice of a freshly made Victoria sponge cake my friend Allison made. Enjoy." She softly explained, bowing lowly.

Something about the maids didn't sit right with Becca and Maddie. They were up to something, even if they had been on their side before.

The sisters stood in the shadows, wondering what they were doing. It was obvious that they didn't care for the king. They were after something, but nobody knew what.

They followed Mollie into the kitchen, being mindful of any noises they could make to alert her of their presence. Luckily, Mollie had left the door ajar so they could hear. "I gave the king that cake you made, pretty sure he'll enjoy it." Mollie smiled, getting a satisfied look from Alice.
"Thanks, but next time just call me Alice. My full name sounds stupid." She reminded her.

A bizarre silence filled the air. Only the sound of breathing could distinctively be heard. One of the maids broke that silence as it was only momentary. "So, how's the plan going so far?" Veronica asked, perching herself on the side.
"Not the best but it should be kicking into full swing eventually.." Trixie piped up, looking a bit cloudy.
"I'd rather not have to kill someone to motivate them to train again. If it has to be done then so be it." Mollie chimed in.

Kill someone? Motive them to train again? It was obvious that they knew something that they shouldn't.

"I spoke with her again today. Turns out there is an incredible battle upon the horizon. What is that battle? I'm not sure. Something tougher than Nightmare, tougher than Star Dream, tougher than anyone we've fought before and we'll need all the possible power in the universe to stop it." Mollie told them.
"I know, she's told you that a few times now. I don't get what you mean by it all but I guess time will have to tell." Veronica sighed.

Becca covered her mouth in shock. Another battle was going to take place? Even worse, it would be tougher than Nightmare and all the others they had fought.

"Shh, someone's coming. They're wearing armoured boots..my best guess would be one of the knights." Trixie hushed.

She was right, Dark Meta Knight was coming down the halls in search of Morpho Knight. He asked Maddie and Becca if they'd seen him but they just shook their heads. "Someone was listening to us this entire time.." Alice murmured. "D M K wouldn't speak to himself so obviously someone is out there.."

Becca and Maddie froze in fear; neither of them wanted or expected to have been caught.

They teleported off to Whispy Woods for safety..and to explain what they had heard and what to make of it.
"Some final battle? I doubt so. C'mon Kirby's only gonna end up fighting larger and stronger foes over time." Maddie said.
"Well, it's still a huge battle. We didn't manage to hear everything they had to say though.." Becca whined,"We could've missed some vital information here!"
"We could snoop in their room, maybe?" Maddie proposed.
"Our best bet, if I'm honest." Becca nodded.

The two teleported to the room where the maids conducted spells and potion brewing. A book was rested on the stand that's title was faded and it's cover torn. It said something along the lines of Floralia and some form of dreamstem. It also had a monarch and residents. "So, this Floralia is a place with a queen and her subjects. Interesting. It sounds like ripple star, a nice peaceful place." Maddie chirped, looking at the picture of Floralia's scenery. It was a picture of a flowery field, full of bees and spiders and butterflies galore. Nature in Floralia was clearly thriving freely. She read on about the place and found it to be a group of floating islands above Dreamland that were as green as can be.

"Is this the new threat? The Queen of Floralia?" Becca wondered.
"Probably. Perhaps she's like how Dedede used to be and she's hungry for more land. You know how leaders are, so powerhungry and obsessed with economic matters and ruling over as many people as possible. You know our sister, Faye, now rules over an entire planet!" Maddie said, getting off track.

"Well, we'd best be getting them before they get us.."