(Y/n)'s first day in Dreamland

Waking up startled, (Y/n) screamed. What a terribly nightmare! They'd woken up in a haste after seeing such a sight. Hearing the noise, Meta Knight and Galacta Knight had woken up too. Being in such a hurry to get to (Y/n), neither Knight had put his mask on. "(Y/n)? Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?" Galacta Knight whispered, approaching the shaking child.
Tearing up, (Y/n) began to cry. "I had a horrible nightmare! NME had held me captive and when you came to save me, he killed you all.." (Y/n) whimpered as tears dashed down their cheeks. "Shhh, don't worry. It wasn't real and we're good and well. Try your best to forget about it." Galacta Knight soothed. Honestly, despite the two of them being warriors, they could act quite fatherly. "Galacta Knight is right, it was only a nightmare. It's not real and it never will be." Meta Knight assured, following Galacta Knight's lead. With a shy smile, the youthful puffball laid back and went back to sleep as the two Knights left. Returning to their own rooms, they waved their goodbyes. Galacta Knight stopped. "...G..goodnight, love y..you.." he stuttered, lovingly.
"Love you too." Meta Knight whispered, returning to his own room.
The castle was silent once more.

7am

Waking up with an optimistic mindset, (Y/n) hurried off to the kitchen to see what was for breakfast. To their delight, they saw stacks of pancakes, trays of waffles, bowls of cereal and so many other delicious morcels. "Woah!" They gasped loudly, gathering the attention of nearby Waddle Dees. Mumbling, (Y/n) apologised. The nearby Waddle Dees were considerate and realized they were only a child, so they let them off. Then, (Y/n) saw Bandana Waddle Dee! Excitedly, they rushed up to him and joyfully greeted him, in a hyper tone. "Good morning, (Y/n). Want something to eat?" He politely offered, with the realization that they must be hungry. Generously, they accepted his offer. "Yes please!" (Y/n) cheerfully answered. Handing (Y/n) a tray, he realized they were incredibly happy with what he'd given them. "Is that your favourite breakfast?" He questioned, adjusting his Bandana so it fit comfortably.
"Yes! I love this so much! It tastes delicious!!" (Y/n) squealed in optimism. Making a grand appearance, Dedede waltzed through the broad doorway of the kitchen. "Am I missing something?" Dedede frowned.
Giving him a puzzled look, the two of them shrugged; they had no idea what he was on about. "I should be going to check on Kirby right about now. Want to come with me, (Y/n)?" He offered, delicately extending his hand. Taking his hand, they followed him out the kitchen. Dedede picked up a tray and left for the throne room.

"I'll show you something cool!" Bandana Waddle Dee boasted. Lifting his spear above his head, he began to rotate it at such a speed that the duo levitated. "Don't let go of my hand." He warned with precaution.

Once they arrived at Kirby's quaint dome, they gently lowered further and further down, towards the floor. With both feet now on the ground safely, Bandana Waddle Dee ran up to the door and rapped on it a couple times. "You in, Kirby?" Bandana Dee said.
"Yeah, I'm up. Is (Y/n) with you?" Kirby questioned.
(Y/n) felt their cheeks burn with colour, Kirby wanted to see them. They'd never felt so happy to be wanted. "Why, what do you need?" (Y/n) asked out of curiosity.
With a slight laugh, Kirby explained that he wanted to hang out with them. Hearing this, (Y/n) felt very happy. Another puffball wanted to be their playmate, how exciting.
"How about a picnic? I'm sure you'd both love that." Bandana Waddle Dee suggested. To be honest, it wasn't a bad idea. " Sure, that sounds terrific!" Both puffballs answered, at the same time.

Now, none of them had a piece of food on them but they knew where to get some, in fact. At Castle Dedede, the kitchen was alive with all sorts of different foods to select. "We'll take this, and this and this. Kirby, drop that!" Bandana Waddle Dee scolded. Sighing, Kirby dropped the watermelon back onto the side he was stood on. Watching the seen unfold, the Waddle Dee's shooed Kirby out of the kitchen. Reassuring his piers, he told them that Kirby wouldn't mess the place up. Reluctantly, they let him stay, so long as he behaved respectively. On these terms, Kirby agreed.

Gathering the food together, they had finally finished fixing their picnic. Now, they had to come up with a great picnic spot. "Hey! I remember a good spot me, Meta Knight and Becca.." his voice died out. "Nevermind.."
"How about the beach?" Bandana Waddle Dee suggestively asked.
"I was gonna say that..." Kirby mumbled.
(Y/n) liked the sound of that, the luxury of a beach day with a sweet picnic, how could they say no? With the sun shining onto the crisp, golden sands, there was no way they could deny such an offer.

Unintentionally, Meta Knight and Galacta Knight were heading to the beach for a pleasant and relaxing walk. This meant the two groups would more than likely cross paths. However, it's a good job they did..

I will find that Star Warrior and I will kill him! That traitor thought he could escape my grasp, but not for much longer! I'll make sure that when I'm done with him he'll be crying in agony and pain, from the attacks I'll lay upon him in this battle. It'll go down in history and everyone will know my name!

Sitting on the beach, the three allies started to eat all the food packed in their bag.

As they chattered and babbled, they heard a chorus of familiar voices. "Hi Meta Knight and Galacta Knight!" Kirby chirped, waving madly. Beckoning them over, they gestured them to come closer. Gratefully, the couple sat down with them and joined the conversation.

Just as they had started on their first sandwich, a ship crashed into the ocean.

"Meta Knight...

We have unfinished business,

Buddy."