Venture Forth! pt 17 - Shady

Thinking about their offer, (Y/n) took a look from both perspectives. Yes, the possibility of them not searching for them was still possible and maybe they didn't actually (Y/n)..

After all, (Y/n) was a very powerful individual, capable of whatever Kirby was capable of. Whether it be heroic or not..

But, they were like family to (Y/n). They were always there for them and always cheered them up. The group had taken (Y/n) in as one of their own and they shared many wonderful memories together.

A tear formed in (Y/n)'s eye and rolled down their cheek.

"Y'know, they might not actually be coming for me. You might be right, they may have forgotten about me.." (Y/n) cried,"But I know that deep down they care for me as one of their own. And soon, they'll find me here and help me get rid of you. I know that they care for me, they love me and they appreciate me, so I shouldn't listen to what you have to say. I love them, and they love me!"

Shadow (Y/n) gave a discontented frown at the determined warrior. "You may be right about that, (Y/n)."

"But, what if they don't? What if, they care about your power? What if, they love your power? What if, they appreciate your power? What then? You live on as if they care, love and appreciate you? Live a lie? We know that's what you want to pretend is the case. How many times have you had to play hero and save the day because your so called 'friends' couldn't do it?"

(Y/n) was lost for words..what if..their shadow doppelganger was..right? What if it was all just a facade that they put on like a puppet show to mask up the fact that they didn't care at all?

What if-

That was all that filled (Y/n)'s mind. What if this was the case? What if that is the case? It drove (Y/n) insane that maybe it was all just well planned out fabricated lies, to make a perfectly fake reality that (Y/n) felt was real?

They dropped to their knees and felt the tears pelt down their face like streams of misery and sorrow rolling down their cheeks.

Once again, Shadow (Y/n) held out a hand to (Y/n).

"Now.." they smirked,"..will you join me?"

(Y/n)'s vision was blurred and they could hardly make out what was going on at that moment.

"What do you even need help with? You have it perfect, probably." (Y/n) agitatedly spoke back,"And I thought you were the idiot on about being independent."

Before they could explain, the two of them heard shouting in the distance. It amazed Shadow (Y/n) and they were stunned when it was (Y/n)'s group of friends that came to find them.

Galacta Knight was the one who found (Y/n) in their miserable state as Shadow (Y/n stood above them, trying to manipulate them.

The shady doppelganger was confused to see Dark Meta Knight following closely behind Meta Knight. "M-Meta Knight..?! You were here this whole time..? You..left me behind for them?" They gasped, upset with the current situation.

As Galacta Knight and Meta Knight comforted (Y/n), Dark Meta Knight tried to reason with Shadow (Y/n).

However, the agitated puffball was far past being consoled. "You abandoned me, Dark Dedede and Shadow Kirby for these twats? How could you?!" They shouted at him.

"Look, I'm sorry! I was bored of the mirror world and came to annoy Meta Knight but then we all became friends and all that mushy crap. I can't.." he replied, getting rather worked up. He looked behind at Morpho Knight and turned back,"I can't just leave this place."

Shadow (Y/n) gave a psychotic chuckle that grew into a cackle, before returning to throwing insults,"You pathetic waste of life, you think that for one measly second that a living, breathing being wants to be your friend? You're an absolute creep who is a horny little cunt and doesn't understand what love besides breeding is. You brainless, little dickhead."

A short-lived silence ensued before (Y/n)'s shadow twin finished entirely,"Just know, DMK, that nobody, I repeat, nobody, will ever love you. You're an absolute whore and you'll never be taken seriously. Ever. So go on, cry yourself to sleep. Put your mask back on to hide your shame! And, while you're at it, go fucking kill yourself, you waste of life!"

With that, Mirror World (Y/n) shattered into shards and disappeared, as an utterly crushed Dark Meta Knight could only watch wordlessly.

Morpho Knight put a reassuring hand on his shoulder,"Don't worry, Dark Meta Knight. Just know that if nobody else lives you, then I still will."

"T-Thanks.."

Even Meta Knight approached his mirror world counterpart and apologised for what had been said. It truly was impactful and quite harmful.

Dedede just shrugged and said nothing as he still wasn't on good terms with the edgy swordsman.

"At least we have the real (Y/n) now, huh?" Dedede smirked, trying to be humorous about the trashy situation.