Venture Forth! p13 - An argument

"Excuse me?? I'm disgusting?! You're the one who spits on children and is an edgy motherfucker who has no idea what love is!!" Dedede shot back, in spite.

Clearly, he had just pulled the trigger to a massive argument which he certainly wouldn't win.

As the adults fought, Bandana Waddle Dee, (Y/n), Astro, Becca and Maddie decided to lay low and chat amongst themselves as they comforted the young Star Warrior.

"Look, I don't give a fuck what you think of me you edgelords!" He yelled.

"Well, fuck you!" Dark Meta Knight yelled back.

"Fuck you and your boyfriend you little-"

A silence covered the group as Dedede stopped himself. Everyone's focus was on the monarch as nothing moved except the light of the stars and enemies in the far background.

A set of white eyes glowed in the distance and (Y/n) could only stare at them as they focused on the King.

The argument between the two continued with the new spectator as the knights tried to drag their acquaintance off of the monarch.

"Dedede, if you were any closer.."

Dark Meta Knight drew a finger across his throat.

"You'd be dead where you stand."

"Fuhuhuhuhuhuh~" A voice giggled nearby.

On reflex, they all searched around to see who exactly it was that was laughing at them.

The glowing white eyes emerged from the shadows, making Lillian's face visible. Dedede gave an optimistic but forced greeting and she could only scowl at his facade.

The dark Knight continued to argue with the monarch as the newcomer watched in amusement at how immature they could be.

The petit pink puff was still crying as the small sum of them were comforting him, in desperation.

(Y/n) pulled him into a tight cuddle and whispered,"Kirby, we're here for you. We won't allow you to get hurt or be alone. If you ever feel alone then just come up to us and we can talk about any problems you may have, yeah?"

The child gave a slight nod and a small smile crept onto his flushed face.

Maddie, now that the child was happy again, decided to intervene with the argument at hand.

Kindly, she told them,"Dark Meta Knight! Dedede! Pack it in! Kirby's happy again and you don't need to argue like children over the smallest little shittiest things."

"I was just trying to help, though. I was defending Kirby on this one." Dark Meta Knight protested.

"Yes and I understand that but we don't need a full blown argument over Kirby feeling lonely. If you really did care then you'd be helping him feel appreciated, not standing there shouting abusive things in his presence." Maddie shot back, proving a valid point.

Dedede gave a sigh before apologising to the masked warrior, not receiving one in return.

They continued walking in search of Computer Virus, the next boss they had to fight.

"(Y/n), can I tell you something?" Bandana Waddle Dee trembled slightly.

With a subtle nod, they urged him to continue speaking.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I really appreciate you. You're a really good friend to me and I enjoy having you around." He confessed, with (Y/n) listening closely to his words.
"Well, you're also really cool to have around as well. I'm truly glad we're friends." They replied.

Both of them gave eachother a relaxed smile as they walked together, side by side.