His confession

The Halcandran laid in his bed, unable to rest. His conscience are away at him, making him feel so incredibly guilty. How could he go through with his plan and hurt such innocent people?

A gentle knock came from the doorway. As he rose his head, he saw (Y/n) timidly standing in front of him, looking slightly worried.

"Oh, (Y/n). What do you need at this hour?" Magolor questioned, looking a bit sulky still.
"I was just checking on you..are you alright..?" (Y/n) stammered.

His ears pricked up; (Y/n) wanted to check on him? Only friends checked on each other, meaning they saw him as a friend.

He could barely fight back tears of guilt as (Y/n) just spectated his display of emotion. "(Y/n), I have something I would like to tell you.." he stammered,

The young puffball looked at the Halcandran with great interest, wondering what on Popstar he was talking about. If he was going to confess to (Y/n) that he had a crush on them, then it would get awkward.

However, his confession was nothing of the sort. Leading (Y/n) through into the main room, he turned the computer on to reveal a confidential plan that he had concocted behind their back. "This was my original plan. I wanted to take the  Master Crown and become all powerful so I could rule Popstar. Trust me, I could not fight Landia and win if my life depended on it. I had tried to defeat Landia and ended up relying on the intergalactic travel function of my ship. You see, I was badly injured and I used it as a last resort to escape. Then, I ended up crashing and I almost died. Luckily for me, Kirby came to my aid and offered to help fix my ship for me. That was an offer I couldn't turn down. So, I began scheming and came to the conclusion that Kirby could defeat Landia for me. I was going to use Kirby and the others as my minions so they could do all the work for me. Then, I was going to destroy Popstar and enslave the galaxy. As you can clearly see, I feel guilty for even thinking about it."

(Y/n) did not know how to react - this creature had explained it's evil scheme to them and was expecting them not to worry. How could (Y/n) trust them?

Calming themself down, they looked at the quivering Halcandran. The guilt was reflected in his eyes, making (Y/n) feel pitiful. Pulling him into a hug, (Y/n) wrapped their arms around Magolor. "It's okay, I forgive you.." (Y/n) reassured.

He gave a cowardly smile and tried his best to return the embrace.

Someone had been watching everything that went down and they weren't too satisfied with it all...
Wordlessly, they returned to their room in silence, as slyly as a ninja. They swore the villainous Halcandran would pay for even thinking about enslaving Popstar..