Venture forth! pt5- Hotbeat

The second the warriors braved their fears and stepped through yet another portal, they were met with an intense wave of heat.

Hotbeat was known for it's insufferable temperature that was almost impossible to live with. Many of the folk of Hotbeat had taken years to adjust to such a difference in temperature, whereas others were rocks or other inanimate objects come to life.

(Y/n) was one of the more fortunate heroes without the burden of heavy weighted armour. They felt very pitiful towards the knights; their pauldrons making it even worse for them.

The group trotted onwards to find the next boss they would have to defeat.

As they continued onwards, (Y/n) walked alongside Kirby and King Dedede as they admired the Star. Mostly, it was orangy red rock with molten lava and smoke.

The heat really messed with their eyes, causing them to water uncontrollably. Sooner or later, the boss would rear their ugly head, right?

Becca and Maddie gossiped to one another about news on earth as the Dreamland folk wearily followed them with less enthusiasm than before.

Eventually, they came to a space where no enemies were and took a seat on the uncomfortable rock. Having godlike powers comes in handy in such situations, which Becca used to her advantage.

Freezing over the floor, she managed to make the rocks much more pleasant to sit on. As they were cooler and smoother, the rocks were much better and allowed the heroes to take a quick break.

Dedede panted heavily, being so unamused by the planet's heat. Bandana Waddle Dee began skimming pebble across the cast body of lava before them, with Galacta Knight occasionally airing him a confused look. Kirby and (Y/n) got in on the fun as there was nothing much else to do.

Picking up a pebble, the young puffball aimed and tossed the stone across the lake of lava, causing many ripples across it's now motion filled surface. Bandana Dee winced slightly and took a step back; a drop of the fluid almost burned his skin.

A sudden rumble from the starving puffball's stomach indicated he was ravenous, making the two humans discuss what they should do about it. Maddie decided to make s'mores over an open flame that had danced on for centuries on the burning star.

The melted marshmallows were more than needed and gave everyone the energy they needed to continue.

Dark Meta Knight decided to give Morpho Knight his, until he refused to take it. "You need it more than I do, Dark Meta Knight." Morpho Knight advised, handing him back the s'mor he had been given.

The King picked himself up off the warm ground in no hurry. He dusted his royal robes off before hurling a rigid stone across the lake. It bounced once, twice, three times before sinking into the depths of the lava.

The monarch gave a pleased smirk before claiming his had made it furthest.

While the king bragged about his new achievement, Meta Knight picked up a stone and skimmed it across the lava. Once, twice, three times, four times, five times it bounced across the water before following Dedede's rock to the same fate.

The swordsman gave an amused grin before saying,"Sire, whose went the furthest again?"

All of the knights gave amused snickers as the younger puffballs howled with laughter. King Dedede felt his face flush with colour as he diverted his view to the lava. The ripples began to slow before coming to a stop entirely.

The girls laughed and pointed to where the rock had landed,"That was so badass, I never expected Meta Knight to have that side to him." Maddie giggled.
"He has as many sides as a twelve sided die, Maddie." Becca scoffed.

They continued on their way as King Dedede tried to get over the fact his head knight managed to skim a rock further than he did.