The return of a frenemy

Slowly, she got up in her cell. "Let me out, I did nothing wrong! Let me go! Please!" She cried loudly. Then, she heard laughter. "It's not funny! They're in danger! Let me go!!" She screamed, pounding her fist on the glass. She thought she was in the Intergalactic Imprisonment Centre but she wasn't. A man with a striped suit and a marvelous mustache stood Infront of her. "Susie betrayed me, now I have you. I don't need Susie anymore with you around. It's clear my mind control worked as I intended it to and you are in my grasp; your my toy now!" The voice boomed."
Immedietly, she recognised the obnoxious and egotistical voice, it was none other than the egotist himself: President Haltmann. With another heartless and sinister laugh, he introduced his newest plan to his unwilling guinea pig. "I'll use my technology to control your thoughts and erase those thoughts of those pesky savages! Then, I'll get you to duel them, and you'll win obviously."

Unfortunately, it wasn't as if she had a choice. She did know that his mind control wouldn't work again, because her body had fathomed out how to worked to prevent it from reoccurring. This meant she'd have to act. "I'll get to it at once, Master Haltmann."
Flapping his hands together, he crossed,"I knew you had it in you to eradicate of them vermin! Go! Complete your mission with haste and I'll be pleased."
"At once, sir." She said, trying her best to mimic a rather dull and emotionless voice.

With that, she flew her way over to Planet Popstar.

She would have a lot of explaining to do.

But for now, she'll have to be on guard. For now.
Yes, for now.

With the others.

Meta Knight gently stroked Galacta Knight's damaged wing, inspecting the damage. Though it had been patched, it still looked terrible. Shivering, he imagined how painful it'd be.

"Hello, we still have unfinished business, M e t t y."

Of course, she had to ruin a perfectly fine day with her unwanted presence. " We aren't fighting again.." Meta Knight scowled. Ignoring his warning, she drew her scythe. However, a special someone came out of nowhere and-

"Take that you hoe!" Becca shouted, shoving Stella over.
Stunned and confused, Meta Knight backed up and wrapped his cape around him, out of habit. " Don't worry, it's just a girl fight. I'll be done soon!" She chirped. "Feel free to watch!!"

Grabbing Stella by the arm, she spun around in circles and tossed her into the sky. She travelled so far, that she was just a glint in the distance. Rubbing her hands together, she smiled and turned to Meta Knight.
"I'm so sorry you had to see that." Becca apologised. "I've got a lot to tell you.

"I'm listening."

"You see, Haltmann had controlled me when I was there. I didn't want to set Star Dream off, but he made me. Everything bad that I said, I never meant. And, I hope we can revive my friendship. Yes, I am jealous of Galacta Knight; you love him so much but don't show me much attention even though I'm still a friend.. that's what Haltmann thrived off of, my grudge. He used that to his advantage and uh...yeah.." she confessed.
Meta Knight stroked Galacta Knight in his head, he was asleep and has heard nothing. " I'm quite sick of giving second chances, Rebecca. I'm not so sure if I can find it within myself to forgive you."
Her heart broke inside of her. A small puffball came running towards them, holding a poster. "Meta Knight!! We're having another movie night! At 8pm tonight! Get ready!!" (Y/n) was excitedly telling Meta Knight, and then they saw Becca. "Whose this?"
"I'm Rebecca Bethany Starstruck, the unofficial strongest warrior of the galaxy." She bowed, politely informing (Y/n). Meta Knight put an arm Infront of (Y/n)," Don't be so hasty to trust her, she's a manipulative liar."
Taken back by the comment, she retaliated," Well, at least I cared about our friendship!" She cried, trying not to actually cry. Undoubtedly, she was hurt by such a comment. " Leave, we were better off without you." Meta Knight shouted. That was the last straw for her, she regretfully stormed off in a huff, crying as she ran. (Y/n) didn't know what to do, it was hard to pick. Should they go ahead and chase after her? Or stay with Meta Knight? (Y/n)'s mind was made up. Chasing hastily, (Y/n) asked for Becca to slow down so they could talk. "Are you okay? What was that about?" (Y/n) bombarded Becca with questions that they obviously wanted answers to. "Heh, me and Metty used to be friends until he just..stopped.. ever since Galacta Knight had stepped into his life, playing the lover role, he's just stopped caring for me, I just ceased to exist in his world. Well, it felt like it. I had to barge my way into whatever event they hosted. I'm sick of it! I made them make up but I just..! I don't deserve this.....!" She cried.
(Y/n) comforted Becca as she let the tears roll on. "I'm just so...alone.. I should probably go back to the IIC." She muttered through her whining.
Observing from the shadows was none other than Meta Knight himself.
"Well, maybe you should just do something nice. Remind him you exist. Maybe you could ask him to spar? Or perhaps...?" (Y/n) suggested.
Becca just sighed. " I feel myself giving up on him. I don't feel like trying to please him. I want a genuine friendship, not a relationship built off of money."
"Well, I'm sure you could make it work, he's very respectful and if you asked politely I'm sure-"
"Not after the stunt I pulled, sweetheart. I almost killed the lot of them and you think they'll forgive me for being so monstrous and bloodthirsty?" Becca laughed to herself. "I appreciate the optimism but no, it won't work out. He made it clear our friendship died off with Star Dream."

With that, she just disappeared without a trace, leaving (Y/n) to ponder on what they could do to help repair the broken friendship of two very dear friends.