Preparations

Maddie stared at the gentle emerald tuffs of grass below her feet. Her sister had been acting unusually cheery and merry for the past few hours as she spoke of how excited she was to show off the final product of her labor.

The mayor looked down at his ticking watch and gave a gasp,"Oh my, ladies, I should be on my way now! My wife Hannah isn't all too appreciative when I am late for dinner. Cheerio!"

He waved as he wandered over to his house for the cottage pie that his wife had cooked up.

Meta Knight looked up at Maddie and asked her a question.
Becca's POV

With the mayor's absence, things had gotten rather awkward, despite us all being oh so close. He went ahead and asked her if she was skilled with swords and had fought with a physical weapon and not just elemental projectiles. Nervously, she shook her head with a cheerful grin on her face.

"I could teach you if you'd like."He offered," It would be unwise of you to fight the King with no experience in that field."

Without hesitation, she accepted his offer as I felt a fraction of my heart fracture. I wasn't aware of the feelings I had developed for him, much less had I realized how obsessive I was acting. A lone tear went on a pilgrimage down my pale yet flushed cheek. In the distance, I spied a group of Cappy children playing with a patchy football that had been worn away with age. Then, my field of view fixed on a dewy daisy that swayed in the early afternoon breeze. The amber pollen spread along the base of each bleach white petal and stained it with color. A singular, independent ladybird with a total of six spots crawled along the petals before getting stuck in an enticing dew drop.

I meant no harm, my intentions were pure but my assistance didn't reflect that. Gingerly, I lifted my finger and shoved it on its back to try and free it from it's prison. However, I unintentionally flicked it into a hole in the ground and it got crushed beneath a rock that fell over.

I had become so astray from the main conversation that I felt excluded from it. An odd feeling started forming in my gut, with a voice telling me that I was being betrayed by not only my best friend, but my sister too.

Placing my right hand over my face, I wiped away the sleep from my eyes. The early mornings I had to face daily beat everything out of me, especially the current day I found myself dragging through.

When I finished zoning out again, I found myself sat alone next to the monument with the daisy in my hand and all of it's colorless petals on the grass below me.

Something is so wrong with me, and I don't know what.

3rd person

The swordsman had lead his new student into Kabu Canyon, far away from anyone to avoid any casualties. Maddie was equipped with a wooden katana clutched by her left hand. Her new mentor lead her onwards into the depths of their training grounds. She spared no breaths in asking several questions that he answered with ease, besides the last question.

"This is going to sound rather odd, but have you noticed my sister's bizarre behaviour? Whenever you're around, she just phases out and stops talking." She confessed, worried for the sanity of her sibling.

He turned ever so slightly to look at her before raising an eyebrow and continuing to face forwards," I've not noticed that. Why, is she acting strangely because of... me?"

Clearing her facial expression, Maddie out on a straight face. It was better off if he wasn't aware of it and it would be unfair to put more pressure on the poor warrior.

Faking a positive facade, Maddie sugar coated her worries and engaged in a conversation about useful skills and tactics in battle.

Only the whispering of the wind, aside from their pleasant conversation could be heard in the echoing canyon. A splatter of pink covered the sapphire sky, indicating that time was passing faster than they expected.

They'd trained for hours, with both physical work and verbal teaching. Maddie listened on with curiosity and fought determinedly when he challenged her.

Meanwhile, Becca slumped into her bed and covered herself in her sheets. It was another one of those days where she felt as if the world could work without her, another one of those days where everything was so dark and gloomy, another one of those days where she wondered how they would cope without her.

Optimistic shouts of nearby mothers crept into her window, telling their children that their meals were on the table, hit and ready for them to eat. It reminded Becca of her own mother and caused her to become distressed and frantic.

When Tiff came to check on her, it made her rather concerned when it was locked. Usually, she cared not about her privacy and would eagerly allow anyone inside for an uplifting chat, accompanied with a light snack and a cold drink.

"Hey Becca, are you okay in there?" Tiff shouted loudly, over the repetitive sound of her banging in the door.

Imitating heavy snores, Becca convinced the child that she was asleep so she would be left to swim in her sorrowful thoughts. She didn't stop until her footsteps faded into the distance, proving she was gone.

After she had left, Becca pulled her blankets over her face and stared over at the framed picture of her mother and father, the reason why she was so miserable. Well, only part of the reason.

When she did drift off to sleep, her pillow was swimming with tears that had made their way down her face entirely.

As the sun began to set, Meta Knight and Maddie headed back to the castle in high spirits. Becca felt her heart sink when they came past her door and rapped on it, expecting her to open up to gush about her feelings. As she had done before, she pretended to be fast asleep despite only waking up several minutes before their arrival.

After they eventually left, Becca sunk back beneath her sheets and gave a hopeless cry in desperation.

(A/n)

I've been trying some new perspectives such as using people's POVs so the story can be viewed from many different angles. I'm thinking of starting a fork of story based off of Becca, such as her diary or something. Also, you've probably noticed that the story has lost focus of many of the previous main characters, because I'm struggling to include them in each chapter. So, characters such as Morpho, Dark Meta, Susie, Taranza, Mage sisters etc will be more minor characters..
Also, I've been trying my best to be uploading chapters as I have a bad cold and I'm feeling under the weather.

Anyway, have a picture of an upcoming character: