A small confession

After a morning filled with questions, the group were ready to carry on with their scavenging for the Jamba Heart.
"Well, where would the heart go?" Adeleine asked, out of curiosity.
Ribbon perched herself on her friend's shoulder.
"Probably already got through the canyon. Maybe it's at their base? Perhaps they've already got it?" Morpho Knight suggested.
Budging into the conversion, Dedede intervened. "Should we head to the base instead? We could take out their source and stop them from summoning Vood Toyminter." Dedede butted in.
"Void Termina." Morpho Knight corrected.
"We should make a decision here and now." Meta Knight chimed in.
"I agree with Metty." Galacta Knight chirped.
"Well, what are we doing? Whatever it is, we better all agree quickly." Dedede grumbled.
(Y/n) didn't want to bother getting involved with the conversation they were having, it sounded like they were going convert it into an argument soon enough.
They'd called it.
"It's not my fault you idiots can't make up your minds!" Dedede yelled.
"Don't be so bitter and egotistical!" Morpho Knight insulted.
"Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot you were a damn butterfly and you break at the weakest insult!" He retaliated.
The argument continued on until Maddie and Becca reached their limits. Both of them were trying to talk to (Y/n) and all they could hear was the blabbering of the other.
"Would you SHUT THE FUCK UP?!" Maddie shouted, freezing them into a block of ice. "Oh my Nova, you just can't be fucking quiet. Make up your fucking minds and don't be pricks about it. I expect this from humans, not you guys. So just stop arguing and make your minds up."
Melting the ice, she turned back around to (Y/n), facepalming. "I was too harsh, wasn't I?"
They had no idea how scary she could be when she was angry and now they knew.
"I'm sorry, it's just I got a bit carried away.." she apologised.
"What the Halcandra made you do that? Dedede questioned.
"You don't want to know, and I wouldn't tell you anyway." Maddie smirked.
This made Dedede worry a bit. Nervously, he turned around to the Knights and tried to restart the conversation up again, trying his best not to be too loud.
"So it's settled, we'll head to the Jambastion Fortress." Meta Knight announced to everyone.
Nobody disagreed, meaning no arguments. Settling down for a break, (Y/n) watched Maddie as she went behind a large boulder to rest. Carefully, they followed her to ask her a question.
"Maddie? I want to ask you something." (Y/n) turned to Maddie and asked.
"Sure, what?" She replied.
"Well, it's obvious that something's wrong..what made you have such a bad freak out earlier?" (Y/n) innocently questioned.
Sighing, Maddie told her what exactly made her so jumpy when it came to argumentative shouting.
"Well, you know who my parents are, right? My father rules the underworld and is King of Dark Matter. His form is made purely of dark matter. My mother is Queen of the Heavens, and she is pure light matter. The two fell in love and she conceived me and my sisters. The relationship fell quickly, and my dad saw my mom as more of an object that he belonged and less of a wife he loved. Put it simply, he would argue with her when she even spoke to a man. He'd beat her senseless and bleed her daily. She was his object, he'd never wanted her for love he just wanted her for power. He believed that we would be the most powerful beings and we are, but we didn't listen to him. He planned to make us enslave universe upon universe but we refused. We fled far away from him, galaxies away. Now, we live peaceful lives except the trauma still haunts us and we can be a bit hostile when someone shouts and argues." She confessed, in a whisper.
Shocked, (Y/n) covered there mouth. They'd never known this about Maddie or Becca. "Did he beat you too..?" (Y/n) timidly asked.
"Oh, of course he did. He wanted us to try and enslave Galaxies but we refused, so he'd harm us too. I still got a scar on my back from when he shoved me into a wall that had some nails hanging out of it." She lightly chuckled, trying to brighten the mood. "Don't go telling a soul that I told you about this."

(Y/n) didn't need to, someone had been listening the entire time. They felt as if their hearing was lying to them, there was no way that was true!

"I...I can't believe this.." they gasped, covering their mouth. Turning to run, they found someone had grabbed their hand. Maddie had noticed someone was watching them and listening in and she confronted them.
"So, Dark Meta Knight, what did you hear?" She said, in a low and intimidating voice.
"I heard everything." He honestly admitted.
Gasping, Maddie let go of him. Taking a few steps back, she turned and sat down behind the boulder, covering her face. "I'm screwed." She groaned.
"It's obvious you need some help." Dark Meta Knight advised.
"I'm fine as I am." Maddie assured him.
"You aren't fine just because you say so. You know that, Maddie." He told her.
"Just leave me alone, both of you. If you know what's best for you, then you won't tell anyone." She threatened.

Both of the puffballs walked over to the others, unknowing of what to do next. Should they tell or not?

Dark Meta Knight spared no time explaining to the others what he had overheard.

While he let them know what was going on, Becca listened in to their talk. Slumping back down, she just fell asleep. The last thing she remembered was the particles of dust being blown around on the floor. When she woke, she saw a group of her friends surrounding her. "What's up? Why am I the centre of attention now?" She asked.