Venture Forth! Pt 10- Demon

The newbie wandered besides the King unknowingly as she burried her face in her book.

Her appearance was interesting; she had lavender hair that was flowing besides her hips, with two small braided parts at the front of her hair, resting against her shoulders as the black bobbles hut against her chest. For her clothing, she wore a sleek, black dress that reached down to her thick thighs. On her legs she wore fishnets with black boots that reached up towards her shin. Around her neck she wore a necklace with a simple golden cross on it.

Lillian noticed the King had glanced in her direction and she tried her best to ignore the sudden attention she was recieving.

Lillian, get over yourself. It's not as if anyone here really cares about why you're here anyway. They're only glad because you can fight for them, the disgusting creatures.. her subconscious hissed.

Click...click...click..

The Knights' heels had began to get on the nerves of near enough everyone in their roster.

"I swear to NOVA-" Dedede started, before (Y/n) kicked him in his knee.
"Dedede, shut up. You've been complaining this entire journey and you're boring everyone! Shut up!" (Y/n) complained, to everyone's surprise.

Galacta Knight put a hand on the younger puffball's shoulder in an attempt to calm them down,"(Y/n), don't get so frustrated over the king's actions; you know what he's like."

The words of the wiser warrior seemed genuine and (Y/n) relaxed themself slightly.

Lillian stared over at the monarch that laid on the floor, drowning in misery. Oddly enough, she pitied him deeply and was irritated with (Y/n) for doing what they had done.

Why on Earth, Nova, Floralia, Hotbeat, Skyhigh, Mekkai and Halcandra do I care about such an insignificant thing such as this? It'll only hold me back.. she whispered to herself with worry.

Hesitantly, she approached King Dedede and offered to help him up. Doubtlessly, he accepted the assistance and gave a nervous laugh when she hauled him up. "You know you really didn't have to..uh..what's your name again..?" He stammered.

"The name's Lillian. Call me Lily for short, it's much easier." She smiled sweetly.

"Okay then, Lily. Why did you help me up? I'm pretty sure everyone hates me.." he sighed, bitterly.

"Good job I'm a nobody, with the shadows on my side as my only company." She smirked.

King Dedede rubbed it off as her just making a joke and pretended to be amused by what she'd said. Seeing his reaction, she felt as if it were an insult but said nothing of it.

The demon looked ahead of them at the four unmasked warriors having a laugh together. Undeniably, she found them all adorable with their appearance. Everyone in the group was adorable, except Dedede. Instead of being adorable, he was quite menacing and had a tough act.

Putting her book into the void, Lily decided to ask him a question,"Hey Dedede, have you ever been friends with a..demon..?"

Her voice quietened towards the end and her pale face became coloured with red.

He blinked twice and shook his head to answer and made a joke,"Unless you count Kirby as a demon!"

Chuckling at his own joke, Dedede realized that he had been the only one laughing. Nervously, he put his hands in the pockets of his crimson robes and pretended nothing happened,"Why'd you ask that?"

"Uh, I maybe *might* just be a demon. You'd be fine knowing that fact, right?" Lillian frowned, knowing how it would end.

Surely, he would turn her down and gasp in horror.

Fortunately, such was not the case. In that field, the King could relate to her struggle. No, not being a demon, but struggling to make friends with people because of certain character traits or things along similar lines.

"Yes." Dedede grinned,"I would be fine knowing that."