The true potential

The looming shadow of Nightmare coated the planet in a blanket of shade. He who had once ruled the universe had now risen once more, for the worse or for the better? The Star Warriors fought ferociously and desperately, trying to put an end to the enemy's life as they had done before. Sword beams thickened the air as dust and smoke rose from nowhere. The girls watched in awe, seeing how skilled their allies fought and with such passion. "Any of them could deserve a taste of the Ultimate Power, but we much only choose one." Trixie sighed.
All of them had their eyes on Sir Meta Knight, the way he fought just enraptured them. It was enticing them to chip in and help but they knew they shouldn't interfere. "No, we mustn't. Sisters, we should hold back for now as a last resort." Veronica ushered, though secretly wanting to be a part of the action.
The second Kirby had been knocked off of his warp star, Mollie knew it was time to get involved. Spreading her wings, she set off to help. "Sir Meta Knight, Sir Galacta Knight, Sir Morpho Knight, Sir Sword Knight, Sir Blade Knight, Sir Dark Meta Knight, (Y/n) and Kirby of the Stars, I want to let you know I am honoured to fight besides you. If we don't make it out, I want to let you know I appreciate your alliance." She gratefully told them.
"Count me in as well!" Alice chirped.
"Wouldn't wanna miss this action so..I'm in too!" Trixie cheered.
"I won't let my friends go down alone. If they get killed, then I'm going down with the ship!" Becca shouted.
"The Guardian of Balance is here to help." Veronica snickered.
Flying up close to the warriors, the guardians really felt useful. Just as Meta Knight lifted Galaxia to use a sword beam, Mollie sent a handful of flames his way, scorching Galaxia and setting it alight. "Use it now." Mollie winked.
Raising Galaxia again, Meta Knight sent a sword beam that cut the air thin. Heat emerged from the beam, heating up the battlefield.
Smirking, Veronica liked where this was going. Tapping into the power of darkness, she conjured a sword that could allow the wielder to walk in the shadows undetected and make shadow clones of themself. "Here, you could use this!" Veronica smiled, handing the sword to (Y/n) to use. "Make me proud, (Y/n). Make us all proud."
Striking forwards, (Y/n) laid a relatively fatal blow on Nightmare, but still not enough for him to fall and beg for mercy in a cowardly manner.
Popping up behind the other three puffball Knights, Alice held a cocky look on her face. "Anyone want a power up?" She asked, throwing elemental attacks at their weapons, upgrading the damage they did. "Ice, water, bluster. We Gucci." Alice smiled.
"You could use a hand, Sir Sword Knight and Sir Blade Knight. Or a leaf, rather. Heheh~" Trixie snickered, producing an odd smelling gas...it smelt of pollen.
The scent of the gas reminded her of frolocking in fields of daffodils. "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Now, your attacks are as strong as possible, tehe~" Trixie chuckled, disappearing into a flurry of butterflies.
The warriors attacked recklessly, dealing large amounts of damage to the foe.
Then, he let out a laugh as loud an das deep as rolling thunder. "You foolish mortals! Your beloved guardians are no match for me, you've underestimated my powers and now you will fall unsuccessful! Bahahahahahah!"
His cackle shook the floor of the planet as he attacked. Merely raising a hand, he knocked (Y/n) clean off their warp star. Using her quick reflexes, Trixie made an oversized flower blossom from the ground to comfort their fall. One by one, Nightmare attacked the Star Warriors. Everything was fine until...

"Sir Meta Knight!" Galacta Knight and Mollie cried in unison.
Cackling, Nightmare seemed satisfied with their reaction.
Oh no, one does not simply harm Meta Knight and get away with it.
Not in front of the Guardian of Energy.
"You....you IMBECILE!" She screamed, partly laughing at the same time.
At first, it was a slight laugh and discrete, but it grew to be more unstable and maniacal. Dark clouds began to manifest in the skies as Nightmare prepared another attack. "Remember Kracko? Well, say hello to an old friend!" He taunted.
Kracko had fully manifested above them as they panicked; no shelter was available to them! The planet was barren with no breath of life besides themself. Something felt off though...

Striking from above, Kracko sent electricity from his position in the sky.

..but it didn't work.

On reflex, Kirby had inhaled the electricity and became spark Kirby.
Raising a hand into the air, Mollie absorbed the electricity and inherited it's power. "Ready Kirby?" She questioned.
With a Poyo for an answer, Kirby gave a gentle nod. "This will hurt for a second but you will see the benefits." She reminded him.
Nodding again, Kirby braced himself for the damage. Letting the power go, she sent the electricity towards Kirby who absorbed it as she had down previously. Quivering, the guardians hoped for the best outcome. "Omega Spark Kirby...impressive." Mollie grinned, admiring the new transformation.
Riding on his warp star, Kirby took the lead with his allies following him. "Its time to release the true potential of the Ultimate Power." Becca commanded, kneeling on the flaw and drawing a chalk circle on it. Inside the circle, she drew a pentagon and placed her finger on the highest point. All of the girls followed her lead, placing their forefinger on the points assigned. Then, the chalk lit up an enchanting dusty pink as glittered smoke fogged up the air. Running towards Nightmare, they raised a hand and directly pointed it at him. Chanting together, they used the final attack necessary. Each of their eyes glowed with the colour that the smoke was - a pale pink.

"Calling upon the ancient power of the galaxy,
I beg of you that you lend your power to me
Give me a taste of the eternal power
Whether it be for just a minute or an entire hour
We call upon the Ultimate Power."

From their outstretched hand came a beam of energy that defeated NME.
Coughing and spluttering, he begged for mercy, pleading pathetically.
Scoffing, Mollie denied him mercy and set him alight, finishing him off for good.
"Thank you, all of you. Today, you've served as the greatest heroes to go down in history." Mollie thanked.
Nodding in approval, the other guardians agreed with her.
"But wait, we still have no idea who you are! You came into this so suddenly and you're going to leave like nothing has happened?" (Y/n) cried out.
"I think it's wrong of us to do that, actually. They are right, we came into this with no explanation and then we walk off when it is over, how reckless of us." Alice sighed in agreement.
"Alright, we'll explain it all.."