A chapter of two lovers

It had settled down in Dreamland, with nothing to stir the peace. Stella hadn't returned, Zero had been defeated and nobody threatened the current state of Dreamland. Two of the Knights sat on the beach, watching the rippling tidal waves in motion. Often, Galacta Knight had interesting thoughts..very interesting. Since this isn't a lemon fanfic, I can't tell you what those thoughts were. For those of you who know what I'm on about, let's keep that secret between us ;)
Galacta Knight would love to take their relationship further but knew it possible couldn't happen. As warriors, they had hardly any time to themselves as it was, meaning it was hard for them to even go on dates. Even if they had time, their friends were ever so caring and checked on them a lot. Sighing, he turned back around to his lover, who also sat deep in thought.
"...c....can I have a hug, Metty?" Galacta Knight meekly asked.
"Sure." Meta Knight smiled, taking his mask off.
The two held eachother in a warm embrace, it felt so nice to be so close. Galacta Knight felt a sense of security and safety while he was in his lover's arms. Taking off his own mask, he lightly kissed Meta Knight then let go of him. Sitting back down, they flashed each other a smile. "We should probably get back to the castle; it's getting dark." Galacta Knight stated.
"Alright, let's get going then." Meta Knight said calmly, getting up.
As they walked, Galacta Knight looked at Meta Knight. Then, he grabbed his hand and held it for the rest of the way. "Our relationship isn't secret. Besides, it's not like we're having-" Galacta Knight cut his sentence off at the end. God, how could he say that?
"Well, I don't get how we could when we're the same sex." Meta Knight reminded him.
"Mhm.." Galacta Knight tiredly groaned. Finally, they made it to the castle. Maddie and Becca were walking around the castle with (Y/n). "Sup loverbois." Maddie grinned. "How's the date?"
The two hadn't realized they had their masks off. They'd gotten a but comfortable around each other and had taken them off. That meant the three could see their faces. "Oh, the date. It went great, actually." Meta Knight told them, his face filled with blush.
Maddie squatted down and looked at him. "You both have cute faces. Might wanna put your masks on cause you're in the castle." She hinted, winking.
Hurriedly, they put their masks on. They hadn't realized!

"Welp, cya later!" Maddie waved.
"Bye!" Becca grinned.
(Y/n), Becca and Maddie headed to the kitchen for a quick meal.
This left the two Knights, all alone with nobody but each other.

Opening the door, they went inside their room. "What a day.." Meta Knight muttered, jumping onto the bed. Throwing his mask aside, he patted the part next to him. Galacta Knight followed what he did and sat next to his lover in bed. Then, they went to sleep, considering how later it was.

For the time being, let's go see what the girls and (Y/n) are doing...

"So, a pizza party? You sure Dedede would allow that?" (Y/n) timidly asked.
"Psh, of course he would. He'd be stupid to not allow us to have one. Now, we need pizza. And ice cream. And cake. And sweets and chocolate. And Coke and Pepsi and other drinks, like milkshakes." Maddie excitedly commanded.
With that, Becca just summoned a milkshake, a chocolate one. "I'll summon the rest when we're allowed in the theatre." Becca agitatedly told her.
"Fine, (Y/n) could you please go ask Dedede for the keys? I would do it myself but I don't even know Dedede.." Maddie confessed.
Listening to Maddie, (Y/n) ran off down the hallway and into the throne room, to find Dedede. Just as they had expected, he was sat on his throne and had already guessed what (Y/n) had came for. "Can I come with ya?" Dedede embarrassedly requested.
"Uh sure! Why not? The more the merrier!" They ran back through with Dedede.
"Can Dedede come too?" (Y/n) pleaded.
"Uh sure." Maddie muttered.
"I've never seen you before." Dedede said, pointing at Maddie.
"I know. I'm new to this place, and I could say the same for you." Maddie laughed. "Never seen you before, my guy."
That was true, Dedede didn't come with them to defeat Zero 2, he'd only helped defeat her when she was posing as Miracle Matter.
With a friendly conversation along the way, they walked to the movie theatre room and watched a film with limitless junk food at their disposal. All while most of the castle slept. (Y/n) watched with growing interest.

The lovers slept soundly, their heartbeats the loudest thing that could be heard in the room. Startled and stressed, Meta Knight woke up. Another terribly horrifying flashback had decided to take the form as a nightmare. Breaking into a cold sweat, he got out of bed and decided to take a quick stroll around the castle. Oddly enough, for once he didn't wake Galacta Knight up. Or if he did, he wasn't trying to comfort him as usual. With a sigh, he wrapped his cape around him and set off for the hallways of Castle Dedede, with no goal but to rid his mind of these awful thoughts. On his way, he found a lot of noise coming from the movie theatre. Opening the door, he saw Becca, Maddie, (Y/n) and Dedede watching a horror movie. "Damn, you do have good taste in horror Dedede." Maddie complimented.
"Gee, thanks." Dedede smirked, widely.
"What's going on?" Meta Knight obliviously asked them.
"We're just watching a film. A horror film!" (Y/n) cheered.
Patting the seat next to her, Becca encouraged Meta Knight to join them. Reluctantly, he joined them. However, he sat with Becca at the back.
"C'mon, what's up? I know something's wrong cause I can tell." Becca tried to get him to spill.
"Just a nightmare, I have them frequently and you know that." Meta Knight mumbled.
"Metty, don't be so uptight and bitter. Just, try and enjoy yourself." She urged. "Maybe try and relax a bit. If you fall asleep I'll take you back to your room."
Sighing, he saw she was right. He should try letting the nightmare go and relax whilst doing so.

Eventually, he fell asleep. "Aww, so cute~ ." She whispered, as she picked him up and took him to his room. Of course, she took his mask off for him so he was comfortable.

"Goodnight."