The crystal shards

Kirby was lazily lounging in his petit house, as he dreamt of wonderful things. He had invited (Y/n) over for a sleepover, but they didn't feel tired enough to rest yet. Instead, they sat lounged on the floor, thinking up new and exciting moves for training. Just as (Y/n) drifted into a deep thought, they heard a knock on the door.
"Hello? Does the great and powerful star warrior Kirby live here?" Someone said.
Going to answer the door, (Y/n) saw a small fairy with short, pink hair and sky blue eyes. Reading her expression, they could tell she was worried.
"Yeah, Kirby lives here. Why'd you need to know?" (Y/n) asked.
"My home planet is under threat, and we need to collect all of these crystals. They protected our home planet and they were all joined together, but when I left some of the dark matter chased me and shattered it into 74. Please help!" She begged.
(Y/n) turned around to Kirby, who was snoring gently. (Y/n) shouted loudly and got him up. "I don't wanna get up.." he muttered, sadly.
"Well, Planet Ripple Star is in danger. Dark matter is endangering the planet. We need to find these shards to save it, then defeat the dark matter." She announced. The fairy had introduced herself as Ribbon. After all the introductions, they set off for the start of their heroic quest...

With Bandana Waddle Dee...

As the sun's energetic rays softly caressed the deep blue fabric of Bandana Waddle Dee's bandana, he sat on the warm grass. An object glistened and reflected the sun's light; it was blinding! It hid between the tuffs of grass and spied Bandana Waddle Dee, attempting to lure him in with its dashing looks. Picking up the crystal shard, he admired it closely. Before he had time to react, dark matter appeared behind him and possessed him as the trio of saviours approached. Rubbing his eyes, he revealed his single eye; he became a waddle doo.

A battle started between them, what had once been a close friendship had became a terrifyingly strong grudge. Except, it wasn't. The possession made it look as if he were trying to murder them, but it wasn't Bandana Waddle Dee pulling the strings: it was the dark matter. Throwing a heavy punch, Kirby managed to finish him in a single blow.
Evacuating, the dark matter seeked vengeance and shelter. It would have it's revenge..!

Bandana Waddle Dee got up off the grass and looked at his companions. The newcomer immediately took the shard from him and put it in a small, drawstring satchel. It took a while, but Kirby managed to explain what was going on and the danger that Ripple Star was in.

"We should check on the Knights, make sure they aren't possessed either!" Kirby urged, running towards castle Dedede.

When they arrived, they saw quite a scene. His majesty was levitating, his stomach able to open up wide and fire out dark fire. All four of the Knights had their weapons drawn and were fighting him. It looked as if Dedede were asleep, but his body was moving by its own accord, as if it had its own conscience.

"If we fight him, it'll leave his body." Meta Knight told them. All four Knights nodded and leapt to strike, to be knocked back down by a forcefield of dark matter. Dark Meta Knight's mask broke in two, revealing his scarred face. With a grumble, he threw his cape back and shifted them into wing form. Filled with anger, he performed a sword beam, which was reflected back at him. Effortlessly, he hopped into a mirror that then reflected it back. Hit by the sword beam, the dark matter dropped Dedede into Escargoon's arms, and then it fled. Stepping forward, Morpho Knight picked up the singular shard of crystal. "From planet Ripple Star, no doubt." He smirked, knowingly.
"Definitely." Meta Knight confirmed.
Snatching it from Morpho's grasp, Ribbon retrieved the crystal which she put in the drawstring satchel. There was no need to explain what was going on, because the Knight Bois already knew.

Dedede woke up in Escargoon's arms, confused. Completely oblivious to the situation, he just asked to be put down.
Following his king's order, he dropped him on the ground. "Who's coming with us even?" Kirby asked, out of curiosity. In the end, Kirby found out that all the Knights wanted to go, (Y/n) was coming and the King was tagging along too. "That's cool with me." Kirby smiled, leading them onwards to the next shard.

A few shards later...

A young girl was stood painting on her art easel. Her short, wispy hair swayed in the wind as she continued to paint. Suddenly, an object came from the heavens and landed behind her. Turning around to look, she caught a short glance at it, it was a shard of something. When she turned to continue painting, a dark substance came from the paper and possessed her. Just in time, the squad arrived to the scene to see it all unfold. As she opened her eyes, she looked at them in a menacing manner.

The fight began.

The possessed Adeleine turned to her blank page of paper, and started drawing an ice dragon. Once she finished it, she turned around and she pointed at them. With that, the ice dragon came from the page and started to attack them, using actual attacks and trying to harm them, all whilst she hid behind her easel and watched.
In no time, they had defeated the drawing. The dark matter became furious and rushed at them, but Kirby just kicked her backwards. Infuriated, the dark matter left Adeleine.
"What...what happened?" She timidly questioned, laid on the floor in exhaustion.
Panting, she got up as Kirby explained the situation.
"I only came here to study art, I'm sorry if I hurt you." She apologised.
"It's fine, we just need to find the dark matter now and defeat it!" (Y/n) heroically smirked, pulling a stance.
Giggling, Adeleine agreed to go with them on their travels.