Dead grudges

An arm of light seeped through the crack in Meta Knight's curtains. Gently caressing his mask, it urged him to wake up. Opening his eyes, he remembered what had happened yesterday with Galacta Knight. Maybe he shouldn't have reacted in such a manner. Perhaps he should've put more consideration into what he'd said.
As guilt devoured Meta Knight, Galacta Knight sat in the room he was in and fantasized about the two of them being friends. Honestly, he didn't have that many close friends. Majority of the time, he was encaged in a large magenta gem. Hardly ever had he got the opportunity to befriend someone and he felt personally attacked when Meta Knight had turned down his offer. "I just want this grudge to die already." He muttered, stretching his feathery wings.
As he did, an envelope slid underneath the bottom of his door and he heard someone run off. From the sound of the footsteps, he could assume it was Meta Knight. Gripping the letter with two hands, he opened it slowly in fear of harming the letter itself. Considering it was from Meta Knight, it made him anxious and relatively excited all at once. Really, he couldn't tell if it was going to be positive or negative. With a heavy sigh, he unfolded the paper and read it aloud to himself, his voice echoeing off of the walls of his room.

"Dear Galacta Knight,

My behaviour yesterday was beyond immature and quite pathetic, put it simply. I sincerely apologise for my actions and for turning down your proposal without further thought. I do agree with you, we should try and put what we had to rest. I think we would be better off cooperating and letting things go instead of holding on to such mere things. Again, I sincerely apologize for my quite childish behaviour. Honestly, I should've thought everything over before rushing to my conscious for answers. I would appreciate if you could forgive me for my unthought out actions and would love to talk about what will happen next on the roof of Castle Dedede. Approximately at 9am, but don't be so rushing to get there.
Yours sincerely

Meta Knight"

Galacta Knight studied the letter once more and broadly smiled. His old rival had come to his senses and accepted his offer. To him, this was a large step forward, a step closer to a somewhat better life.

9am

With his cape flicking behind him, Meta Knight patiently waited on the roof for Galacta Knight to arrive. Eventually, he made his way on to the roof, as he was met by the friendly smile of his ex-rival.
Galacta Knight couldn't help but smile back. "I'm so glad you decided to put what we had to rest, finally."
Never had Meta Knight heard him so incredibly optimistic. It was quite a refreshing gesture.
"I would never have found myself in this situation if I hadn't, in full honesty." Meta Knight replied. "I think that nobody was holding me back, just my personal hate, driven by my undying desire of more power."
"Well, if we do become friends I could tutor you, so long as you don't get driven by the sinister surge of power you will experience. Don't be tempted by the darker side of having such powerful skills and abilities." Galacta Knight offered.
Meta Knight almost jumped at the opportunity, but heeded Galacta Knight's warning, he shouldn't be lead to temptation. "Have you ever been tempted?" Meta Knight asked his newfound Ally.
"Many times. Sometimes it is quite a burden. Believe me, I have done many things just to show off, and that's the sinister temptation trying to win you over." Galacta Knight coyly admitted.
"I've heard you used your lance and dented Star Dream? Is that entirely true?" Meta Knight bombarded Galacta Knight.
However, he enjoyed his questions.
"That is entirely true. You see, Haltmann is actually more sinister than you think. They did have a Mechanisation Project they wanted to use on Dreamland but they came up with something better."
Galacta Knight told Meta Knight. His attention was all on Galacta Knight. Galacta Knight could tell he was interested, so he carried on.
"He proposed an offer to King Dedede. He would supply him with robots for a lower price than NME's monsters were. He knew how much he hates Kirby so he would get Dedede to kill off Kirby for him, with him being charitable and supplying monsters. Then, once Kirby has perished, he would be able to completely drain Dreamland of its natural resources while mechanizing the planet. Their "Mother Computer" supplies them with blueprints and such. As you've heard, they work with all technology including nanotechnology, which allows them to clone things and people. They plan on taking over the world by using Star Dream once he has charged up enough. When Star Dream has charged up, he will be able to mimic Nova's abilities. We will have to take him on. Susie can help us because she isn't in on the plan, she plans to steal Star Dream and sell him off for a pretty penny from a startup company."
Galacta Knight explained.
Meta Knight's eyes widened at such vital information. "How should we stop them?"
Galacta Knight sighed,"I'm not sure. I swear to Nova, I've tried everything possible but.."  Galacta Knight's voice trailed off the deeper into the sentence he got.
"That reminds me, Susie did mechanize me once." Meta Knight admitted, deep in thought.
Giving him a surprised look, he urged him to go on with his story.
"Susie had seen me fight with the others and she'd gotten very impressed with my sword skill. However, being as intelligent as she is, she knew I wouldn't willingly submit myself to them. I'd never harm Kirby! That's besides the point though. She sketched and drew a robotic suit of armour and put it in her catalogue. Dedede liked the look of it and he sent me over, against my will. They used electric shocks to manipulate my brain patterns in a form of mind control, if you will. Then, she used me as a tool to attempt to attack Kirby. It failed several times and the electricity was wearing off hastily so I broke out of it. I must say, it was traumatizing." Meta Knight told him, his voice growing shaky at the end. Galacta Knight reminded himself that just because he was 50,000, doesn't mean it's something easy to get over and he couldn't hurt a close one. Wrapping his arms around him, Galacta Knight gave Meta Knight a warm embrace. Realising this, Meta Knight returned the favour. "Thank you.." Meta Knight smiled.
"Not a problem." Galacta Knight whispered.
Once they let go, they carried on the conversation. Put simply, they had no idea of what they could do to put an end to Haltmann. However, they had put an end to something, that being their grudge.