The Strays

almeda13

Plot and Idea: Creepy

Genre: Fantasy

Summary:

Therians are man eating creatures who's appearance is that of a normal human being...except for the animal ears on their head and the tail above their hips. Only, they've managed a way to hide those features that stick out. The news and the well known CTA describe them as horrendous monsters but are they really what people assume they are?

August Whitelock is an odd girl who after three years of shutting herself out of the outside world, decides to finally take a step out of her house. What does this include? Going to school of course. So goodbye convenient online food, Internet, and video games for seven hours. However, because of her isolation, she often creates awkward and embarrassing experiences. It doesn't help that August also has a unique obsession over the Therians people fear and despise.

But what happens when on her first day of school, she's befriended by an interesting group of three who are hiding quite a few secrets? One secret including furry ears and tails.

"Things aren't always what they seem. You must look closely and they just might surprise you."

-unknown

Read to find out :p

My Review: Alright, so when I first saw the cover of the book it did not really interest me that much, but as I continued to read it, it gained my interest. The paragraphs are a little too short, but you have wonderful sentence structure and capitalization. The spacing and grammar is wonderful as well, though it seems that you like switching tenses often.

Your stories pace is great and the description you use captures my interest a lot. Sometimes you do have iffy punctuation, but the dialogue is very entertaining. Overall there isn't much I can say about this story, but it is really well written and entertaining, even with the few errors.

Rating: 9.9

Overall: Has a few issues, but is pretty good to read.