Wayward Kinship

digger63

Plot and Idea: Compelling

Genre: Fantasy

Summary:

Bound by the chains of a heavy decision, the age old hero of lore, Martyr, rushed for the battered ruins of Acteon. There, he would claim the most deadliest artifact of man-kind. A staff that goes by the name of Umbra. It's powers were rumored to be able to destroy entire nations and he needed it to end the largest war of history. With it, not only did he claim victory for his kingdom and respect for his name, but the honor of beheading the faction of the Margthral.

Over the years, the staff began to corrupt him, silently whispering in his ear. The demon inside told him deceiving lies and martyr ultimately became its bidding minion, though the kingdom was none the wiser. The staff had told him of his future destiny.

To control his fate, Martyr was to hold a mass hunt each year until he found a chosen one able to resistant the demons calling. He was to eliminate that person.

Three close friends were game in this years hunt, and with them arose the only boy able to stop the secret plots of the Margthral. His name was Gavin.

My Review: In terms of your books cover, it could be a little better, but is better than others. Now you have great description and dialogue that pulls readers in. Your grammar seems pretty good and you have great paragraphing and sentence structure. The capitalization and spacing is great and you seem pretty comfortable with your tense and transitions.

The dialogue used is truly interesting and keeps me wanting to see more of it. The punctuation and development in your story is wonderful as. You seem to also have a good handle on flow and the spacing is pretty good from what I've seen. All in all your story was really good and is one I would love to continue reading.

Rating: 10

Overall: Pretty good book, barely anything wrong from the chapters I read.