Chapter Six - Part 3

Chapter Six                     

by sloanranger  

Part  3

Poolside, frustrated and tired of watching Paula frolic in the pool without them, the rest of the group broke up. Tom and Steve meandered over to the pepper tree that sheltered their wives as though just remembering something they'd forgotten.

"Hello, girls," Steve offered, and leaned down to kiss Elaine on the cheek, but she turned her head.

Tom smiled at Cassie. "Can I get you that drink yet, darling?"

Cassie answered: "I've had two since you last checked in."

"Really, Cassandra?"

"Yes, really," she said, dryly.

Elaine gave a wicked smile to her husband. "I told you to bring your trunks, Steve. Now you can't play water sports with Paula."

Steve touched elbows with Cassie's husband. "I don't know about you Tom, but it looks to me like we're  already  in pretty deep water."

"It would appear so. How about another drink for you, Elaine?"

Elaine looked at Cassie. "No thank you, Tommy. I think I've had quite enough for tonight."

"Roger, that," Cassie said. The two women stood and Elaine stuck her hand out. 

Steve fumbled in his pants and forked over his car keys.

Cassie addressed Tom. "What about you? You decent to drive?"

"Of course I am, Dear."

The small group headed for the parking lot. The two men following behind their women, muddling over their marital transgressions.

(To be continued).