Chapter Fourteen - Part 4

Chapter Fourteen

Part 4

by sloanranger

They spent a lot of the next week and a half with the Muirs.

Ted even managed to get them seats for two of the lectures in the conference, one of them when Dr. Muir was speaking.

Elaine and Steve were hearing about things they had not heard of before. After the second lecture, they were serious about looking into a consultation with one of the doctors Ted mentioned.

Their own family practitioner was a good physician and had referred them to two specialists but nothing had come of it.

"Elaine, I'm sure he's a good man," Millie said, "but the people at this conference are at the vanguard on the subject of infertility."

"You're right, of course," Elaine said.

The more they saw and heard, the more optimistic they felt about pursuing their case with one of the new specialists. Even Steve was beginning to be excited about the whole thing.

"You know there's an associate of mine in Albuquerque who's at the top of this field," Ted told them. "Why don't you and Elaine fly out and see him? You could stay with Millie and I."

Steve still had vacation time coming up and staying with their new friends would greatly reduce the cost of the trip.

"That sounds like an idea, Ted, thank you. We'll think seriously about it."

The Mays were having a great time and they spent alot of their vacation with their new friends.

They couples snorkeled together and they both tried windsurfing - although the man who took them out called it sailboarding.

Whatever it was, Millie and Steve had managed to stay on the board for a while. Not so much Ted or Elaine. It was only a minute or two before they had tumbled into the water, but they had a wonderful time.

"Maybe you should pair up with Millie, next time," Elaine laughed.

"No Darling, I'll just think of you as my handicap," Steve said bussing her cheek.

(To be continued).