Chapter Fourteen - Part 2

Chapter 14   

Part 2                       

by sloanranger

Elaine's hair was red like her mother's and though she always claimed to be ten or fifteen pounds overweight, she had a great figure.

Tonight she was wearing a gauzy aqua blouse over a deep green, swirly, knee-length skirt, exposing terrific legs. She always smelled good too, Steve thought. He kept staring and singing until he heard someone next to him. 

"Excuse me," the male voice said, interrupting Steve's serenade.

"Can you pass me a few of those napkins? The bartender was overly generous." Steve turned to see the man smiling, indicating a wet spot on the bar.

"Thank you," he said as Steve gave him the napkins.  "I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'm Ted Muir, this is my wife, Millie."

"Hi," A petite blonde dressed in red, proffered her hand to Elaine.

"Thank goodness someone did," Elaine smiled at them.

"Hi Millie. I'm Elaine," she added, and reached over and shook hands with each of the couple. "And this is my husband, Steve - May."

"Mays - as in Willie, like the baseball player."

"No, May - singular,  like the month."  

Millie added that the Muirs were from New Mexico. They were in Hawaii so that her husband, Dr. Theodore Muir, could address the Annual Gynecology Conference on fertility. Muir was a leader in the field.

(To be continued).