Chapter Thirteen - Part 1

Chapter Thirteen                

by sloanranger

Part  1

The next day, Elaine was still puzzled about her run in with Paula and feeling a little guilty about her 'research.'

Steve was right, she had no business prying into that which was none of her own. It had brought her friend embarrassment and discomfort.

The following week, Steve got an unexpected bonus. More importantly, he got unexpected time off work. He came home and waved an envelope at her. "Who do you think is the best copy designer at Superior Advertising Inc., my sweet?"

"Mmmm. Let's see. What was the guy's name with the buzz cut that I danced with last Christmas? He was rather... oh, I don't know - artful - in a way."

"No, not him. It's that handsome, dark haired man you sleep with once in a while."

"Once in a while? He's all over me like white on cotton in case you hadn't noticed."

"One and the same. We're going to Hawaii, my love."

"Are you kidding, Steve? How did you wring that out of Morgan."

"By being the best ad-man in the agency; more specifically - by doing a bang up job on the Manning account – two, round trip tickets to Hawaii. Mike's jazzed. We can pick any island, but if we go to Maui, we can stay at his time-share."

"Great," she answered as he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to him. "I'll suffer through Maui. Will the two weeks come out of your vacation time?"

"I did such a good job my love, that Michael Morgan, a most perceptive employer, gave me the two weeks with pay, as a bonus."

"Well," she said, putting her arms around his neck, her voice going whispery: "you really are some kind of good." She began nibbling on his ear.

(To be continued).