5. Date Night?

A/n: y/m/n means your mom's name. Okay, let's begin!

Tonight is date night with my wonderful boyfriend of three years, singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. We haven't had a date night in a long time, so I'm really excited. Shawn and I both had work, so we decided that we would meet up at the restaurant that we picked after work. I got out of work before he did so I had more time to get ready. I wore a teal dress with white heels. I put on mascara, eye liner, and lip gloss, and left to go to the restaurant.

I hadn't called Shawn while on my way to restaurant because he might still be working or he could be driving and I didn't want to distract him. I got to the restaurant expecting that Shawn would be there before me, but he wasn't there. Oh well, I'll just wait for him. I was seated and soon five minutes went by. Then another five minutes went by, then a whole twenty minutes went by. By now, I had been waiting for half an hour, and I was getting upset. I tried calling him but he didn't answer.

"I'm sorry ma'am," A waiter said as he approached me. "But is the other half of your party coming? We have people waiting." He said.

"I guess he's not. I'll go now. Sorry about this." I said, paid for my drink, and left. I drove home while I tried not to cry. When I parked in the driveway, Shawn's precious jeep, JBone, was in the driveway. Are you kidding me? I went inside only to find Shawn sitting on the couch. He looked at me and smiled before a look of confusion was soon etched across his face.

"Hey babe, what are you all dressed up for?" Shawn asked. That was it. I was done.

"You're joking, right?" I asked.

"No, why would I be joking?" Shawn asked, now looking more confused than ever.

"Where were you tonight?" I asked.

"With Mike, Zubin, Eddy, Dave, and Andrew at a bar. Why?" Shawn said and asked.

"Because you weren't supposed to be with them tonight. You were supposed to be with me." I said as I took off my heels and then stomped upstairs to cry. I shut our bedroom door, locked it, and cried. I soon heard footsteps running up the stairs. He tried to turn the handle but it was to no avail.

"Baby girl I am so sorry that I forgot about date night. I'm so sorry honey." Shawn said.

"Go away Shawn." I said.

"Please let me in honey, I want to hold you and wipe away your tears. Please don't cry honey." Shawn pleaded.

"I just said go away, why can't you just respect my wishes?" I asked while still crying.

"Okay. Again, I'm so, so, so, sorry babe." Shawn said.

"Oh, and Shawn?" I called out.

"Yes?" He asked, and my heart broke when I could hear the hope in his voice.

"You can sleep on the couch tonight." I said. I heard him put his head to the door.

"Okay. I love you." Shawn said. I didn't respond. Don't get me wrong, I still loved him, I was just mad at him. I soon heard Shawn sigh and walk away. I took off my dress and changed into more comfortable clothing, brushed my teeth, and got into bed. I tossed and turned as I tried to fall asleep, but it was no use. I couldn't sleep without his arms around me, but I was determined. If I could fall asleep without him when he's on tour for months on end, I can fall asleep without him for at least one night.

I woke up the next morning after getting a mere four hours of sleep. That's not enough sleep. Luckily it was the weekend, so I didn't have work. However, that also meant that I would have to see Shawn. I'm not trying to be petty, but he has to go away soon and we haven't had date night in a long time. How could he forget? I called my mom.