194. You Guys Renew Your Vows

Shawn's point of view

My wife of nineteen years, Y/n Mendes, is currently at work. I called our three kids, Rose, Jake, and Sarah Grace, into the living room. I wanted to talk to them about something.

"Did we do something wrong Daddy?" Sarah Grace asked. I shook my head.

"No, I just have an idea and I want to know what you guys think about it." I said. They nodded.

"What is it?" Rose asked.

"I really want your mother and I to renew our wedding vows on our twenty year wedding anniversary. What do you guys think?" I said and asked. They all smiled and nodded.

"I love it! Would we get to help with the wedding, or no?" Rose asked.

"Of course you guys would get to help. Now, I just need to ask your mother to marry me again. How should I do it?" I asked my kids.

"Well, how did you do it last time?" Sarah Grace asked. I smiled at the memory.

"We were walking along a beach in Maine and the timing just felt right, so I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me." I said. The kids smiled.

"Well, what if we all go to Maine and you recreate that?" Rose asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"That sounds perfect. I remember what beach it was at too." I said. The kids nodded. Soon, my wife returned home from work.

"Hey there handsome." She said as she came over to give me a kiss. As soon as our lips met, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach.

"Hey there gorgeous. I made dinner." I said. She smiled at me and we called the kids down so we could sit at the table and eat.

"So how was everyone's day?" Y/n asked us. I smiled. The kids had been sworn to secrecy about the plan.

"Good. How was yours mom?" Jake asked. Y/n smiled.

"It was good, but it got even better when I came home to my favorite people." She said. My smile widened.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes?" I asked. She looked at me and I saw all of her love for me in her eyes.

"Yes Mr. Mendes?" She asked.

"What do you think of us going up to Maine this weekend? We'll take the kids. It'll be a nice little vacation." I asked and said. Y/n thought for a moment before smiling and nodding.

"Okay. Let's do it." She said. Everyone cheered. That weekend, we packed up the car and headed to Maine. We checked into our hotel rooms.

"Let's go to the beach." I said. Y/n nodded and got a bathing suit on but put shorts and a t-shirt on over it. I smiled when the kids walked into the room. We soon headed to the beach, and Y/n gasped when she realized where we were.

"Oh my gosh. Kids, this is where your father proposed to me." Y/n said.

"Awww." Rose said, and we all smiled. The kids walked a few steps behind Y/n and I on the beach. She interlaced her fingers with mine, and as our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"This is nice. Do you remember that day?" Y/n asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course. I hadn't been planning to propose but the moment just felt right, so I got down on one knee." I said. Y/n smiled and nodded.

"We're almost at the spot that you proposed at." Y/n said. I smiled. When we got to the spot, I stopped walking. Y/n gave me a funny look, just like she had done the first time that I proposed to her. I then got down on one knee and her eyes widened. I took her hands in mine.