138. Pillow Fights and Hospitals

Shawn's point of view

"Okay, and don't forget that Jake always naps at noon." My wife, Y/n Mendes reminded me. I smiled and nodded.

"Honey, they're my kids too, I know how to take care of them. Please just go have a nice spa day with the girls. You're one tough working momma, and you earned this. We'll be fine." I said. Y/n sighed and nodded before smiling at me.

"Okay. Please call me if there's any problems." Y/n pleaded. I nodded and brought my hand to the back of her head so I could kiss her forehead.

"Everything's going to be fine, honey, breathe." I said as I rested my forehead against hers.

"I know but, well, this is my first time being away from them in a long time." She said. I pulled away and kissed her forehead again, trying to reassure her that everything would be okay.

"I know, but I have everything under control, okay?" I asked. She hesitantly nodded.

"Okay. Thank you for doing this." She said with a smile, which I gladly returned.

"You're welcome my love. Mrs. Mendes, you deserve all of the pampering in the world." I said to my wife, matter-of-factly. She blushed and giggled.

"Thank you. I love you my handsome husband." She said.

"I love you too my beautiful wife. Now come give me a kiss." I said with a smirk. Y/n put her lips on mine and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Y/n and I soon pulled away before the kiss could become too heated.

"Mumma?" Y/n and I heard our five year old daughter Rose ask. Y/n squatted down a bit so she was more at the same level with Rose.

"Yes honey?" Y/n asked.

"Where are you going?" Rose asked.

"Auntie Grace, Chelsea, Avery, Anna, and I are going to have a girl's day." Y/n said. Rose pouted.

"But what am I going to do without you?" Rose asked.

"Well you could always play with your little brother Jake, and I'm sure that Daddy wouldn't mind spending time with his little girl." Y/n said. I squatted down too.

"I would not at all mind spending time with the most amazing daughter ever." I said. Rose smiled at me. When Y/n first told me that she was pregnant with Rose, I started to cry, and I cried when Rose was born. She's my first born, my Rosie girl, my sweet pea.

"Okay. Can we play today Daddy?" Rose asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course." I said. The doorbell rang and my wife got it. It was her best friend, Grace.

"Hey guys! Hi Rose!" Grace said. Rose ran over to Grace and gave her a hug.

"Hi Auntie Grace! Are you and my mommy going to have fun today?" Rose said and asked. Grace nodded.

"Yes we are. We have to get going but we'll see you guys in a little bit, okay?" Grace asked. We all nodded. Y/n walked over to me and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I wish Jake wasn't sleeping so I could say goodbye to him." Y/n said. I chuckled.

"Honey, it's not like you're going to be away for days. We'll be fine." I said. Grace overheard this and nodded.

"They're going to be fine Y/n, stop worrying, and let's go relax." Grace said. Y/n nodded as she hugged Rose goodbye. Rose and I stood in the doorway and watched as Y/n's car left and we waved. Once the car was out of sight, I turned to Rose and brought her into the living room.