160. Talks With Camila Cabello

"All right honey, I have to go to a few meetings today but I want you to stay home and relax, okay?" My fiancé, Shawn Mendes, asked me. I nodded and smiled at him as I brought my hand to his cheek and rubbed it with my thumb. Shawn closed his eyes and leaned into my touch.

"Okay. When will you be home?" I asked. Shawn opened his eyes and thought for a moment.

"Probably around four or five o'clock tonight. Okay, I have to go, but I love you." Shawn said with a smile. I smiled back.

"I love you too. Do I get a goodbye kiss?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Always." Shawn said as he leaned forward and put his lips on mine. As our lips touched, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if it was going to beat out of my chest, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss, and smiled at each other. He then waved goodbye to me and left. I sat down on the couch in our living room and tried to think of what I could do today. I then picked up the phone and called one of mine and Shawn's friends.

"Hi Y/n!" Camila Cabello said.

"Hi Camila! How are you?" I said and asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked. I smiled as I looked down at my engagement ring. Shawn had just proposed last week. Our friends and family knew, but the world didn't, not yet at least.

"I'm good. Shawn's going to be in some meetings today and won't be home until around four or five. Do you want to come over and keep me company?" I asked, hoping that she would say yes.

"Of course! I'll be right over." She said.

"Okay, bye." I said.

"Bye." She said, and we hung up. Not too long after we had hung up, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw Camila standing there wearing just casual clothing. I was dressed in black leggings and a t-shirt.

"Hey! Come on in." I said. Camila walked in and we hugged before heading over to the couch.

"Soooo, let me see that ring!" Camila said. I laughed and showed it to her. Her eyes widened and she smiled. "It's gorgeous."

"Thank you. He took my best friend, Grace, with him to help pick it out." I said. Camila nodded.

"Well they did a good job." Camila said. I nodded and now it was my turn to admire my beautiful engagement ring. Suddenly, a knot formed in my stomach as something that popped into my head.

"Do you think that Shawn knows how much I love him?" I asked as I looked up at Camila. Her jaw dropped before she nodded.

"Of course he knows how much you love him. Why do you ask that?" Camila said and asked. I shrugged.

"I just love him so much. Like, when he got down on one knee, oh my gosh, I instantly got tears in my eyes. But some of his fans don't like me." I said. Camila put her hand on my knee.

"I know. But you and Shawn found each other, and that's all that matters, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I just don't understand why some of his fans don't like me. I mean, Shawn says that I make him happy, and you would think that his fans would see that I make him happy and so they wouldn't send me hate." I said, tears now forming in my eyes as I thought of the mean things that some of his fans have said to me. Camila moved over and put her arm around my shoulders.

"The haters are just jealous, that's why they're sending you hate. They want to be the ones to make Shawn happy, they don't want it to be you." Camila said. I nodded, tears still coming down my face.