146. Shawn Teaches Yours Son How To Ride A Bike

I sat on the front steps of the house that I share with my husband, Shawn Mendes, and our kids, Rose, who's twelve, Jake, who's ten, and Sarah, or Sarah Grace as Shawn calls her, who's eight. Rose sat to my left and Sarah sat to my right. The three of us watched as Shawn taught Jake how to ride a bike. I watched in awe of the man who used to be so afraid to hold a baby but now has three kids who he loves and adores greatly.

"Shawn he's going to fast!" I yelled as I watched Jake peddle. As the words came out of my mouth, Shawn put one of his big, manly hands, on the steering part of the bike, and his other hand grabbed Jake's seat, stopping the bike. Shawn gave me a thumbs up and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"We're good!" Shawn yelled. I smiled and nodded. Jake looked up at the father that he idolizes and said something to him. When Shawn nodded, Jake got off the bike and they walked over to the steps, where I was sitting with the girls.

"You did a great job Jakey boy!" I said to Jake as he sat down on the step in front of me. He smiled at me.

"Thanks Mumma." He said.

"You're welcome honey. Do you guys want some sandwiches?" I said and then asked the kids. They all nodded.

"Yeah!" Sarah said, causing me to smile.

"Okay. Why don't you guys go in the backyard and Daddy and I will go make the sandwiches." I suggested. They all nodded and headed towards the backyard as Shawn and I headed into the kitchen. As soon as I put the jar of jelly down, Shawn turned my body so I was facing him, and pulled me close so I was nice and up against him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Hey there beautiful." He said with a smile, causing me to blush.

"Hey there handsome." I said with a smile. Shawn blushed, causing me to giggle.

"Did you know that your giggles and laughter are music to my ears and they make my heart flutter?" Shawn asked. I nodded. He had told me this before.

"Yeah. And I feel the same way." I said. Shawn smiled before putting his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away from our sweet and gentle kiss.

"I love you darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too honey. We should start making the sandwiches for the kids." I said. Shawn nodded and he started making one sandwich as I started making the other. "I'm very proud of you by the way." I said. Shawn gave me a puzzled and confused look.

"For what?" He asked. I smiled.

"Well, you used to be so afraid to hold a baby, and now you're a father to three kids who idolize you and you do things like teach them how to ride a bike." I said. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Well you're the one that helped me get over that fear of holding a baby." Shawn said. Now I was the one to give him a puzzled and confused look.

"How did I do that?" I asked. Shawn finished making one of the sandwiches and quickly started on another.

"Well, when Rose was first born, you were always reassuring me that I wasn't going to drop her and you would say how good of a father I was -" Shawn started.

"Am." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"You should have said 'how good of a father I am.' because you're still an amazing father Shawny." I said. Shawn smiled at me before placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. I smiled back at him.

"Well thank you honey. You know, you're an amazing mother." Shawn said.

"You really think so?" I asked. Shawn's eyes widened.

"Are you kidding? The kids absolutely adore you and you take such good care of them." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I hope they realize how much we love them." I said. Shawn nodded as we both finished making the sandwiches.

"Yeah. I seriously can't even put into words how much I love them. All of them are my pride and joy." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I know. Your eyes always twinkle when you look at them." I pointed out. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Let's go give them their lunch." Shawn said. I nodded and we stepped out onto the back deck.

"Kids! Lunch is ready!" I yelled and the kids came running inside. Soon, Jake was done eating, and he looked up at his father who was sitting right next to him and across from me.

"Hey Dad?" Jake asked. Shawn looked at his son and smiled.

"Yes Jake?" Shawn asked.

"I want to be just like you some day." Jake asked. Shawn's eyes widened.

"Really?" Shawn asked. Jake nodded.

"Yeah. Will you teach me how to play the guitar please?" Jake asked. Shawn's smile grew as he nodded.

"Of course." Shawn said. After lunch, Shawn took Jake upstairs and into his office and they spent the rest of the day in there as Jake learned how to play the guitar. Soon, it was time for bed and Shawn and I cuddled up to each other.

"Is Jakey liking the guitar?" I asked as I put my head on Shawn's chest after I had turned off the light.

"Yup. He was a little frustrated at first when he couldn't get the hang of it right away, but I reassured him that he'll get it, and that seemed to make him feel better. He's doing really well." Shawn said. I smiled.

"You're such a good Daddy." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"Thank you baby girl. You're such a good Mommy." Shawn said. I smiled and placed a gentle kiss on his chest.

"Thank you baby boy. Good night Mr. Mendes. I love you." I said. Shawn started to rub my back.

"Good night Mrs. Mendes. I love you too." Shawn said, and with that, we fell asleep.