82. He Gets Asked About You On Jimmy Fallon

Shawn's point of view

"Hey babe, I'm about to go on." I said to my wife who I've been with for over twenty years, Y/n Mendes. I have an interview with Jimmy Fallon and I'm about to go on.

"Alright, good luck babe, go kill it. The kids will watch it in the morning." She said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Okay. Tell them I love them." I said.

"I will. I love you Shawn Mendes." She said. I smiled.

"I love you too Y/n Mendes." I said.

"Gosh that never gets old." She said. I laughed.

"Bye honey." I said.

"Bye." She said, and with that we hung up. I was soon introduced to the crowd by Jimmy and I went out. I waved to the crowd.

"Hey Jimmy, what's up man?" I asked as I shook his hand.

"Not much, how are you?" He asked.

"Good. Are you liking the new album?" I said and asked. He nodded.

"I'm loving it. I'm guessing the love songs are about your wife?" Jimmy asked with a laugh. I laughed and nodded.

"They are. There's nobody else that I would rather write songs about." I said.

"Good. So how is your family doing? How old are the kids now?" Jimmy asked.

"They're great! Rose, my first born, my little one, is sixteen now. Jake is fourteen, and Sarah is twelve. They're each two years apart. My wife is great too, I just talked to her and she said that the kids will watch this in the morning when they wake up." I said.

"Nice. I can't believe your first born is sixteen now." Jimmy said.

"I know, me either. We threw her a party on her birthday and she had all her friends over. Oh my gosh, I actually have a funny story." I said.

"Do tell." Jimmy said.

"So one of her friends at the party was a boy. So I went up to him and was like 'What's your name? How old are you?' and he looked so scared because he knew that I'm Rose's father, but he answered my questions and then I just walked away. Rose yelled at me later but it was worth it. I've got to protect my little ones." I said. Jimmy laughed.

"Please tell me that you puffed out your chest." He said.

"Surprisingly, no. I should've though." I said with a laugh.

"So how long have you and Y/n been together for now?" Jimmy asked.

"A little over twenty amazing years." I said with a smile. Jimmy smiled.

"You can tell that you're very in love." He said. I nodded.

"Extremely. God am I so insanely in love with this woman. Almost every time someone goes to take a picture of the two of us at a family get together or something like that, I'll look over at her to show my love and admiration for her." I said.

"That's amazing. That's love right there. I still remember when you guys got engaged. Obviously the world only saw a little bit, but what was it like when you two first got engaged?" Jimmy said and asked.

"Oh gosh it was like we were even more in love. I swear I fall for this woman more and more everyday," I gushed. "When we first got engaged, and we were together, it was like I always had to be touching her. Even if it was my foot touching her, I needed to feel close to her for some reason. She loved it though. We've always been so cuddly and affectionate, so it's great." I said.

"This is great. Well, let's talk about the album." Jimmy said. I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed that we couldn't keep talking about my family, my loves, but it was still nice. I always have a good time on Jimmy's show.