172. The Paparazzi Find You, Rose and Shawn

My husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, is currently in Los Angeles to do some interviews. He wanted me to come with him so we also brought along our one and a half year old daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes. Shawn had a break in between interviews so him, Rose, and I all went out to a park that was near his hotel so Rose could play. Shawn had told his security guard, Jake, that we would be fine and Jake reluctantly agreed.

"I just want time with my family. Just the three of us." Shawn said to me in the car. I nodded as I held one of his hands in my lap and squeezed.

"I know baby. I want that too." I said. I'll be honest, it made a little nervous to go somewhere so public without security. I mean, what if the paparazzi or fans find us? But you know what? As long as Rose and I are with Shawn, we're safe. We soon got to the park and Shawn parked the car.

"Rosie girl, we're here." Shawn said.

"Yay!" Rose said as she clapped. Shawn and I laughed and he got out of the car so he could help her out of her seat.

"Don't forget to hold my hand Rose." Shawn said. Rose nodded.

"Okay Daddy." Rose said. She held onto Shawn's hand and we walked over to the playground. Shawn put her on the swing and began to push her. I sat down at a bench across from the swing and smiled at my two favorite people. Rose laughed and smiled, causing Shawn and I to smile. When she was done on the swing, Rose wanted to play on the slide, over and over and over. Shawn sat down with me, put his arm around my shoulders, and we watched her.

"We made one good looking kid honey." Shawn said. I smiled and nodded as I leaned on him. He wrapped his arm around me tighter.

"We did. I love the fact that she has her Daddy's eyes and hair and nose." I said as I looked up at him. Shawn smiled down at me briefly since my head was on his chest and he kissed my forehead before looking over at Rose.

"Yeah. But everything else is you my love." Shawn said. I smiled and then looked over at our daughter who had started to walk over to us. She stood in front of Shawn, lifted her arms up, and began to speak.

"Uppie." She requested.

"What's the magic word?" Shawn asked with a slightly stern look on his face. We want to make sure that Rose grows up to be a polite girl.

"Uppie please." She said. Shawn nodded and smiled. I sat up and Shawn picked Rose up and put her on his lap.

"There you go. Are you having fun?" Shawn said and asked. Rose nodded.

"Yeah." She said.

"What do you like the most?" I asked. Rose thought for a moment.

"I like the swing the most. It makes me think of when Daddy throws me up in the air." Rose said. I smiled and Shawn smirked as he stood up and started throwing Rose up in the air and then catching her.

"You mean like this Rosie?" Shawn asked as Rose laughed and squealed. All of the sudden, I heard a click of a camera. Oh no. We had been having so much fun, too.

"Shawn, I just heard the click of a camera." I said. Shawn immediately stopped throwing Rose up in the air and he sat back down on the bench with her on his lap.

"Daddy do it again." Rose said, but Shawn was looking around for the paparazzi that was taking the pictures. He soon spotted the person.

"They're over there near the street. They're not being too subtle." Shawn said. I looked and nodded.

"Nope, they're not." I said. The paparazzi then started to walk towards us.

"Rose put your head in my neck okay?" Shawn asked.