78. Camila Jealousy

A/n: Okay so let's pretend that it's the VMA's okay? Also, this imagine includes explicit language! Alright, let's begin!

I have a lot of jealousy towards my boyfriend Shawn Mendes's relationship with his friend Camila Cabello. Shawn and Camila are singers and songwriters, meanwhile, I'm a college student. I can't relate to them at all. Shawn knows how I feel about them but we don't really talk about it unless there is something going on.

Tonight is the night of the VMA's and instead of going and being Shawn's plus one, I'm at home doing homework. I soon took a break from working on my homework and started to scroll through Instagram. Pictures of Shawn and Camila came up. He was squatting down in front of her and they were talking. I saw another picture of them posing with Camila's mom. Camila's arm was draped around Shawn's chest and Shawn's arms were draped around the both of them (A/n: See picture above). It didn't bother me that he was doing that to the mom, but to Camila, yes, it bothered me.

"Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello cozy up to each other while Y/n is nowhere to be seen. Is there trouble in paradise?" E News reported. No. There is absolutely no trouble in paradise, thank you very much. I scoffed and went back to my homework. After finishing it, I texted Shawn and let him know that I was going to bed. I said goodnight and told him that I loved him. He didn't respond. He's probably with Camila. I formed Shawn's pillows so they up against me, so it was as if he were there, in bed with me. I soon drifted off into a deep slumber.

"Fuckin hell." Shawn cursed. I opened my eyes, and there he was.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"Did I wake you?" He asked while moving the pillows. "Sorry baby, go back to sleep."

"No, I want to cuddle with you. I've missed you." I said. In the dark, I could hear Shawn's smile.

"I've missed you too my love. Jesus what did you do to the pillows?" He asked. I giggled.

"I moved them closer to me so I could pretend that it was you." I said.

"Oh I'm sorry honey. Well, I'm here now. Come here." He said as he laid down and pulled me closer to him. I suddenly felt his warmth and instantly felt better about everything.

"Can we talk in the morning?" I asked. I could feel Shawn nod against my head.

"Of course. What do you want to talk about?" He asked, and then I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to a sleeping and peaceful looking Shawn. He usually doesn't get much rest when he's traveling, so I decided to let him rest. I went downstairs to make Shawn an omelette. As I was making the omelette I felt someone snake their arms around my waist. I immediately jumped but relaxed once I realized that it was just Shawn.

"Hi baby." I said as I finished the omelette.

"Hi honey. What did you want to talk about last night?" Shawn asked.

"Let's eat and then we'll talk." I said as I brought the omelettes over to the table.

"You have me worried honey." Shawn said. A pang of guilt shot through me.

"I'm sorry. It's nothing to worry about." I said as I reached out for his hand. He touched mine and I felt sparks shoot through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"I love you darling." Shawn said. I blushed at the nickname and smiled.

"I love you too handsome." I said. Shawn blushed.

"You know, I like to make you blush." Shawn said as he ate.

"Oh really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yup. Can we please talk about whatever you want to talk about, I know you said it's nothing to worry about but I'm worrying about it." Shawn said, looking defeated.

"It's just, E News reported something last night." I said.

"Oh God." He said.

"They wrote: Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello cozy up to each other while Y/n is nowhere to be seen. Is there trouble in paradise?" I quoted.

"Well obviously there's no trouble in paradise." Shawn said.

"Well obviously you were cozying up to Camila. If you could have seen the pictures Shawn... I hate getting so jealous." I said.

"I know baby but there's nothing going on between us. You know I could never do that to you." Shawn said. I nodded. Shawn squeezed my hand. "Baby, there's nothing going on."

"I know," I said, starting to cry. I wiped the tears away as Shawn rushed over to my side. "It just gets really hard at times. I'm a college student, that's why I can't be at every awards show, and then I feel like a shitty girlfriend because I can't even be with my boyfriend."

"Baby no, don't cry, you're the best girlfriend ever. You're going for your degree in what you want, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I just feel bad." I said. Shawn shook his head and rubbed my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"No baby, don't feel bad. Please don't feel bad. I love you." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said. We ended up cuddling on the couch and he repeatedly reassured me that nothing was going on with Camila Cabello. I love this man and the way he treats me. There's no trouble in paradise at all.