167. A Fan Hits You

A/n: Explicit language in this one! Please enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend of three years, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, moved to America for me about a year ago. I told him that I would have gladly moved to Toronto for him but he insisted that he move to Boston if we were going to move in together because he didn't want to disrupt my schooling and me getting my dream job. Shawn kept his condo in Toronto until we bought a house in Boston. Not an apartment, not a condo, we bought a house. One that we can raise a family in, causing me to be very happy.

Today Shawn and I are flying up to Toronto to visit his family. Not just his parents, Karen and Manny, and his sister Aaliyah, but also his cousins, aunts, and uncles. I've met them all before, so I'm not nervous. Shawn and I finally got to the airport in Toronto, and of course there were fans there. Shawn sighed when he saw them but then smiled. He had been itching to see his family.

"I'm going to go take pictures with the fans, do you want to come with me?" Shawn whispered in my ear. I shook my head. The large group of fans was making me a little anxious and I was itching to see Shawn's family, my second family, just like Shawn was.

"No, I'll just stay right here." I said. Shawn nodded and kissed my cheek before walking over to his fans. His security team went with him, leaving me alone. Oh well. Soon after she took a picture with Shawn, a random fan came up to me. She looked upset.

"Hi Y/n. I just wanted to come over and say that I hate you." She said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"It used to be that whenever Shawn would come home, we could meet him here at the airport. But now? Now he flys home to Boston and we barely see him anymore." She said.

"Not that I owe you, or anyone for that matter, any explanation, but when Shawn and I decided to move in together I told him that I would gladly and happily move up to Toronto for him, but he said that he didn't want to disrupt my schooling or anything. That's why he moved down to Boston." I said. She scoffed.

"Did you know that you're not right for Shawn?" She asked.

"Obviously you don't know us because literally everyone that's around us always says that we were made for each other and that we're perfect for each other. He says that I make him happy." I said.

"He's probably lying to you." She said.

"Shawn would never lie to me." I said. She rolled her eyes and then looked me up and down.

"I don't understand what he sees in you. You're literally so fat and ugly. Shawn deserves someone better than you. Maybe even me." She said.

"Why would Shawn want to go out with someone who is currently being rude to his girlfriend?" I asked, throwing my arms up a little.

"Because someday he'll see the real you, and he'll stop loving you, and then he'll leave you." She said with a shrug and a smirk. The possibility that Shawn could ever stop loving me and leave me is my biggest fear, so her saying that really bothered me.

"He's seen the real me. He knows how I am and he loves me no matter what." I said. My anxiety was really high at this point. The girl then stepped on my foot, hard enough for it to be a little painful. I tried to move my foot but she had so much pressure on it that I couldn't pull it away.

"You're such a naive and stupid bitch." She said as she twisted her foot a little, causing more pain.

"Please take your foot off of my foot and please don't talk to me like that." I said. She laughed.

"You're crazy if you think that I'm going to stop. You took Shawn away from his fans, but the bigger thing is that you took Shawn away from his family." She said. To be honest, I had sometimes felt like I had taken Shawn away from his family but I had never brought it up with him because I didn't want him to get upset. I looked over at Shawn and we quickly made eye contact. I think that he could see the look of panic on my face because he started to walk towards me. I turned back to the girl, and just as I did, she punched me right across the face. I stumbled back a little but luckily Shawn had rushed over to me and caught me.