47. You're Afraid of Thunder

A/n: It is currently pouring where I live and there's thunder so I decided to write this

It started out as a light drizzle, and then turned into something that was so much more than that. Soon it was pouring out and there was thunder. I hate thunder. It makes me feel scared. My boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, arrived home only to find me curled up with my knees to my chest on the couch.

"What's wrong darling?" Shawn asked as he rushed over to me.

"The thunder. I don't like it. I've never told you this before but I'm afraid of thunder." I said. Shawn held me close to him.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. Do you want to lay in bed and cuddle?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said. Shawn and I stood up and he held my hand as we walked up the stairs and into our bedroom. Shawn laid down first and I put my head on his chest.

"I love you honey." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Thank you for not judging me about being afraid of thunder." I said.

"Honey, I would never judge you. I love you too much for that to happen." Shawn said. I nodded and smiled. Shawn rubbed my back as I closed my eyes. I soon drifted off into sleep, but was startled awake by the loud sound of thunder. "You're okay honey, you're okay, I'm right here and you're safe and sound." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Can you promise me something?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Anything." He said.

"Promise me that throughout this thunderstorm you won't let go of me." I requested. Shawn nodded.

"I promise you that throughout this thunderstorm I will never, not once, let go of you." Shawn said, causing me to smile.

"Thank you baby." I said.

"You're welcome love. Now, come kiss me." Shawn said. I giggled but put my lips on his. I felt butterflies erupt in my tummy, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt my heart race like crazy. After four years together, Shawn and I are still madly in love.

"Shawn?" I asked as we pulled away.

"Yes love?" Shawn asked.

"I'm in love with you." I said with a smile. Shawn reciprocated the smile.

"Good because I'm in love with you too." Shawn said. The thunderstorm eventually passed, but the rain continued. "Want to do something cliché?" Shawn asked with a smirk. Oh God.

"What?" I asked.

"Want to kiss in the rain?" Shawn asked. I smiled and nodded as I bit my lower lip.

"Sure." I said. Shawn and I ran down the stairs, put our shoes on, and went out on our back deck.

"Kiss me baby." Shawn said. I put my lips on his and got all the same feelings as before, the sparks, the heart racing, and the butterflies. I love Shawn so much. Shawn and I pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That was amazing." I said.

"It really was my dear. Come on, let's go back inside and dry off." Shawn said as he patted my butt. We walked the two steps inside.

"Did you just pat my butt?" I asked with a giggle.

"I did." Shawn said with a smirk.

"Why? I didn't mind it but I'm just curious." I asked and said as we dried off.

"Well I like to pat it. It's a very nice butt. It's my favorite butt in this whole wide world." Shawn said.

"Oh God. Well, I'm honored." I said. Shawn laughed and kissed me again.

"Remember what Michael Scott said?" Shawn asked, mentioning a character from the tv show The Office.

"What?" I asked.

"'Big butt, bigger heart.'" Shawn quoted. I burst out laughing.

"I remember that. That was funny." I said once my laughter had subsided.

"Well you have a big heart." Shawn said.

"Awww, thank you baby." I said before kissing his cheek. Shawn smiled at me.

"Want to go watch the episode where he declares bankruptcy? (A/n: season 4 episode eight) Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Definitely." I said. Shawn and I sat down and watched The Office as we cuddled. After a scary thunderstorm, it was a good way to end the night.