156. Depression and Insecurity

A/n: Okay, so let's pretend that it's summer, shall we? Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend of three years, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and I, were cuddling up to each other on the couch when suddenly, his phone rang.

"I'll be right back babe." Shawn said. I sat up and nodded. A few minutes later, he came back in and sat back down on the couch with me.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Andrew. The label is having a party in a couple of weeks and he wants me to be there." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Are you going to go?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment then smirked. Oh gosh.

"I'll go if you come with me." Shawn said. I threw my head back and groaned.

"Oh come on!" I said. Shawn stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

"Please baby? It would mean the world to me if you came with me." Shawn pleaded. I sighed and nodded.

"Okay. I'll go with you." I said. Shawn stood up and cheered.

"Yes!" Shawn yelled. I laughed.

"You're too cute." I said, smiling at the handsome man that was sitting next to me. Shawn smiled back at me, causing my heart to swell with joy.

"Well you're the cutest." Shawn said. I blushed, causing Shawn to chuckle. We then resumed our cuddling.

Two weeks later I stood in mine and Shawn's bathroom. I had been feeling so sad and depressed all day long, and wanted nothing more than to stay at home and lay in bed and cry, but I didn't tell Shawn that. He was just so excited for me to go to the label's party with him. How could I ruin that for him? I couldn't. So I'll just fake a smile and push through.

I put on the red dress that I had picked out. It was long and flowy in the back, but shorter in the front. I put my hair up in a bun and put on some simple makeup. Just eyeliner, mascara, and some light eye shadow. I finished putting on my makeup and looked at myself at the full body mirror that Shawn and I had in our bathroom. I looked at my arms. I hate my flabby arms that have those stupid stretch marks on them. I examined my face, criticizing every single detail that I saw. I hated the way that I look. I decided to wear a shawl to cover up my arms even though it's going to be hot out. I picked out a shawl and went back into the bathroom, staring at myself. Soon, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to reveal Shawn. He was wearing black dress pants and a white button down shirt. He looked so good. His jaw dropped when he saw me. Oh no. Did I look that bad?

"Do I look okay? Do I need to change?" I asked Shawn. He violently shook his head no as he eyed me up and down before smiling.

"You look... beautiful. Wow baby." Shawn said. I blushed and smiled.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome honey." I said. Now it was Shawn's turn to blush and smile. I giggled a little.

"Baby?" Shawn asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"Can I kiss you?" Shawn asked. I smiled - a real one - and nodded.

"Of course you can." I said. I had barely gotten the words out when Shawn put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Shawn and I soon pulled away, breathless from our amazing kiss. Shawn then gave me a puzzled and confused look.

"Why are you wearing a shawl? You're going to get hot." Shawn asked and said. Uh oh.

"Well, it's for in case it gets chilly tonight." I lied. Shawn looked suspicious but nodded and shrugged. Phew. We soon heard a car honk their horn.