100. Scary Movie

My boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, and I decided that every Wednesday night will be movie night.

"Baby what about this one?" Shawn asked as showed me a scary movie on Netflix. I shook my head violently.

"No. You know how I feel about scary movies. They scare me." I said. Shawn laughed.

"Well if they're scaring you, then they're doing their job." Shawn said. I walked over to him and swatted at his chest lightly, causing Shawn to laugh harder. I sat back down on the couch, hoping that Shawn would change it from the scary movie to something nicer, but he didn't. He put the scary movie on. Oh dear God I'm going to die.

"Shawn we can't watch this. I am literally going to die." I said. Shawn chuckled as he sat down on the couch and put his arms around me.

"Come here baby, you're not going to die." Shawn said. I nodded and cuddled up to him. The movie soon started, and let me tell you something, it was scary as hell. More than once, I hid my face in Shawn's chest, neck, or shoulder, not wanting to see what was going on, and that was just within the first ten minutes!

"I hate this so much Shawn, can we please change it?" I asked, feeling scared.

"Stop being such a baby, we're fine." He said. Ouch.

"Shawn you know I don't like scary movies, why did you even put this on?" I asked.

"Because I knew that you wouldn't like it and would want to cuddle with me." He said with a smirk. I stood up. He thought that this was cute, he probably even thought that this was funny, which was why he was smirking.

"I would have cuddled with you no matter what movie we watched." I said.

"Yeah but you would've cuddled up to me more during a scary movie. Come on, sit down and don't be such a big baby." He said.

"Actually, that's not true. This is making me want to leave the room because I'm so scared and now you're just being a jerk." I said.

"How am I being a jerk?" He asked, and I could tell that he was upset.

"You keep saying that I'm being a big baby. Just watch the movie and leave me alone Shawn." I said as I left and went upstairs. But here's the thing: it was dark upstairs. It seemed darker than usual, but that was probably just because of the movie. I crawled into bed and pulled the blanket over my head. I fell asleep but soon heard laughter coming from downstairs. I went down the stairs and stopped just before the last step.

"So she was that scared?" I heard Brian ask.

"Yeah. She went up to bed. She's probably sleeping right now. I just hope that she's not having a nightmare or something. You know what? I'm going to go check on her." Shawn said. I stayed at the second to last step and when Shawn saw me, he yelled and dropped to the floor.

"What? What's going on?" Brian asked as he rushed over to Shawn.

"Hi Brian." I said as I waved.

"Hi Y/n. You scared the crap out of Shawn." Brian said as Shawn stood up.

"Baby, why did you do that?" Shawn asked.

"Payback is a bitch." I said, and walked back upstairs. Shawn ran after me and shut the door to our bedroom when we got in there.

"What was that all about?" Shawn asked.

"The movie that you wouldn't turn off, scared me, so I decided to scare you. Like I said, payback is a bitch. Now, I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I said, and wandered over to the bed.

"What? No good night kiss?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. I'm mad at you right now." I said. Shawn sighed.

"Alright, but just now that I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said, and got into bed. I soon fell asleep and had a nightmare, causing me to wake up, but I didn't want to go to Shawn. So, I stayed there, sitting up in bed, trying to calm myself down.

I soon heard someone walking up the stairs. The door opened to reveal Shawn. I looked at him. He frowned when he saw that I was awake.

"What are you doing up honey?" He asked.

"I had a nightmare." I said, tears forming in my eyes. He rushed over to me. Maybe I did in fact need to be comforted by him.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Do you want me to lay on my back so you can put your head on my chest?" Shawn asked. I started to cry harder. I shrugged.

"I don't know because I'm still mad at you. You put on a movie that you knew I wouldn't like, and then you called me a big baby." I said. Shawn hung his head.

"I'm sorry my love. I shouldn't have done either of those things. I'm so sorry. You know that I love you, right?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded as I wiped my tears away.

"I know, and I love you too." I said. Shawn smiled as he helped to wipe my tears away. I eventually stopped crying. Shawn kissed my forehead and got into bed. I put my head on his chest and listened to the steady beat of his heart. I love this boy more than anything, and I could never, ever, stay mad at him for too long.