173. You're A Singer Too

A/n: Explicit language in this imagine! Also, I know that the Grammys just happened but let's pretend that they're coming up. I hope that you guys enjoy it. Okay, let's begin!

"Nice job today Y/n, now go home to your man." My manager, Victoria, said to me. I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you. Bye guys." I said and left studio. I got in my car and immediately turned on the radio. In My Blood by my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, started to play. I smiled and soon arrived at the house that I share with him. I walked in the door and Shawn was sitting on the couch, but he got up and smiled at me when he saw me. I smiled back as I took my shoes off and then went over to hug him. As soon as I was in his arms, I knew that I was in my home, my safe place, my safe haven.

"Hey baby girl. How was the studio?" Shawn asked. I groaned. Shawn gently took my hand and pulled me over to the couch.

"It was good but I just kept getting frustrated when I couldn't hit certain notes." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Don't worry Y/n, you'll get it. You're an amazing singer honey." Shawn said, causing me to smile and blush.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome. So, I was talking to Andrew and he thinks that we should do a collaboration." Shawn said. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay. I'll talk to Victoria and see what she says." I said. Shawn nodded. I left the room to call Victoria.

"Hey Y/n, what's up?" She asked.

"Hey. So Andrew, Shawn's manager, thinks that him and I should do a collaboration. I think that it's a great idea. What do you think?" I said and asked. There was a pause.

"Sure. You guys could write a love song together of course." Victoria said. I smiled.

"Yay! Oh I would love to do this, and I can't wait. When should we get started?" I asked. Victoria laughed at my enthusiasm.

"Well, you guys live together so you could start as soon as you want." Victoria said.

"Okay, great! I'll go tell Shawn." I said.

"Okay. Bye Y/n." She said.

"Bye." I said, and we hung up. I went back into the living room and jumped onto the couch next to Shawn. Shawn laughed as he then pulled me into his lap.

"What are you so excited about my love?" Shawn asked. I smiled at him.

"Victoria thinks that it's a great idea for us to collaborate. She said that we can start writing as soon as we want." I said. Shawn's smile widened.

"Good. Well, we should probably figure out what we want to write about. Definitely a love song, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. I got off Shawn's lap and he got out a piece of notebook paper as we began to bounce ideas off of each other. The next day, Shawn came with me into the studio so we could show everyone what we had.

"It looks good." Victoria said. Shawn and I nodded and smiled at each other. Soon I was sent into the booth to try and record the song. I kept getting frustrated with myself when I couldn't hit the right notes at certain places. I ran my fingers through my hair. When I opened my eyes, I saw Shawn through the window, waving for me to go over to him. I walked over to him and he led me to a place in the studio where we could talk privately.

"Baby, look at me." Shawn said. I looked him in the eyes. "Tell me what's going through your beautiful head."

"I'm trying to hit the right notes but I can't and it's really fucking frustrating." I said. Shawn wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back, trying to soothe me.

"Honey, you'll get it eventually. Why don't you take a break and I'll go into the booth to record my part?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn then went into the booth and I watched in amazement as my boyfriend did a wonderful job. He soon exited the booth.

"How did I do?" He asked me. I smiled at him.

"You did absolutely wonderful, my love." I said. Shawn smiled at me. When I got back in the booth, I was able to finally hit the right notes, causing Shawn to smile and clap his hands. I smiled. When I walked back out of the booth, I ran into Shawn's arms.

"You did it!" Shawn cheered. I smiled and laughed as we high fived. Soon, our song was released and people loved it. A few weeks later, I released my own song which Shawn had no idea I had been working on. Why didn't he know? Because it's a slow love song that's all about him and my love for him. When Shawn heard it, tears formed in his eyes and he hugged me.

A few weeks later I was with my team, waiting to hear if any of my songs or if my album had been nominated for a Grammy. Shawn was another room, with his team, waiting for the same thing. The category for song of the year came up and they announced Shawn's name. I started to cry happy tears for him. I was about to go to his room to congratulate him but Victoria stopped me. My name was then announced. Oh. My. God. I started to cry harder and immediately went into the hallway to go find Shawn. We found each other in the hallway and hugged as we cried happy tears.

"Congratulations baby girl. You earned this." Shawn said. I pulled away a little and held his face in my hands.

"Congratulations to you too! You earned this too." I said. I didn't like the fact that we were up against each other but oh well. Shawn hugged me. A couple of months later it was time for the Grammys. I wore a fitted blue dress to match Shawn's blue suit. He would obviously be my date. An interviewer soon saw us and called us over.

"So, Y/n and Shawn, congratulations on being nominated for song of the year!" Julia Hoffman, the interviewer, said.

"Thank you." We said.

"So you guys are both nominated for the same award. Has this caused any fights or anything between you two?" She asked. We shook our heads.

"No, definitely not." Shawn said.

"The only 'fights' we've had about this are just saying that the other person should win." I said with a giggle. Julia laughed and soon the interview was over.

"I can't wait to see you accept your Grammy." Shawn said to me as we were seated. I smiled and thanked him. Soon, our category was up.

"And the Grammy for song of the year goes to... Y/N Y/L/N!" The person said. I looked at Shawn with wide eyes. He hugged me and gave me a kiss and then I went on stage to accept the Grammy.

"Oh my gosh. Thank you so much. Um, I want to thank my whole team, Victoria, everyone, you guys are amazing. I want to thank my family and my friends. To my fans, thank you, you guys amaze me all of the time. And lastly, thank you so beyond much to my amazing boyfriend Shawn Mendes. Considering the fact that this song is about you, I wouldn't have this award without you. I love you so much Shawn, thank you so much for everything. Thank you guys." I said and then was led of stage. When I got back to my seat Shawn hugged me again.

"I love you so much Y/n and I'm so fucking proud of you. Thank you for thanking me in your acceptance speech." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you too, thank you baby. And of course I would thank you in my acceptance speech. I couldn't have won it without you." I said. Shawn smiled at me. After the Grammys, once Shawn and I went back to our hotel room, my phone dinged. Shawn had posted a photo on Instagram. When I looked at it, it was a picture of us hugging and another of us kissing after I found out that I had won. I read the caption.

"Congratulations to my amazing girlfriend, Y/n Y/l/n, for winning her first Grammy! This award is beyond well deserved. Y/n, I know that you say that you wouldn't have this award without me because the song is about me, but it was you who put in the effort and dedication to this song. You killed it and I love the song, and you, more than words will ever be able to describe. I love you so much baby girl. Congratulations! Now come cuddle with me." Shawn captioned it. I smiled at him since he was sitting next to me on the bed, liked the photo, commented hearts, and cuddled up to him.

"I love you Shawn." I said. Shawn kissed the top of my head, causing me to smile.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said, and with that, we fell asleep.