161. Fights

A/n: Explicit language in this one! Also, let's pretend that it's August. I hope that you guys enjoy it. Okay, let's begin!

My husband of three months, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, should be home any minute now. He was in the studio for a while and told me not to wait up for him, but because I had missed him so much, of course I had eaten dinner alone and then sat on the couch waiting for him. Shawn soon walked in the door and I got up to hug and kiss him just like I always do when he gets home from the studio or anything. I put my arms around him but he shrugged me off.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked, feeling slightly concerned.

"I'm fine. Did you already make dinner Y/n?" Shawn asked. That surprised me. He almost never calls me by my name. He usually calls me babe or baby or something, but the one that he's been calling me the most since we got married is Mrs. Mendes.

"Um, yeah, it's on the dining room table. I can heat it up for you if you want?" I offered. He shook his head.

"No, it's fine. You've already done enough." Shawn said in an agitated voice.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked Shawn. He looked at me and scoffed.

"You know Y/n, the world doesn't revolve around you. Just because I'm not in a good mood doesn't mean that it's your fault. It's not always about you." Shawn said. My eyes widened.

"Shawn I never said that it's always about me." I said, trying to stay calm.

"Well you kind of implied it." Shawn said. My jaw practically dropped.

"No I didn't." I said. Shawn just shook his head and went into the dining room. I followed him in there, wanting to sit with him and figure out what had happened that would make him act this way. When he sat down and noticed me sit down across from him, he gave me a weird look.

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked.

"I'm just sitting with my husband. I want to know what's wrong so I can help." I said.

"Did I ever say that I wanted you to sit with me?" Shawn asked. I shook my head no.

"No. But we usually sit together and spend time together when you get home from work." I said. He frowned and shook his head.

"Who said that I actually want to spend time with you?" Shawn asked. I felt as though I had been smacked in the face with his words. My eyes widened and tears threatened to spill over but I collected myself and stood up. Right before I left the room I looked at him.

"You can sleep on the couch tonight Shawn. I don't know what happened but nothing would give you a reason to treat me in the shitty way that you are now. I'll put a pillow and blanket on the couch. Good night." I said, and left. I went upstairs and grabbed a pillow, blanket, and a piece of paper. I grabbed a pen and wrote on the paper. When I put the pillow and blanket on the couch, I also put the paper on top of it. I then went up to bed and laid there as I cried. This was our first fight as a married couple and it left me feeling terrible.

Shawn's point of view

Y/n walked out of the dining room and I soon heard her go upstairs and then come back down, then go back up the stairs again. She probably put a pillow and a blanket on the couch just like she said she would. I sighed. I had had a long and frustrating day at the studio. Whatever I sang, it didn't seem to come out correctly, and the same goes for the lyrics that I was writing. I came home and took my frustration out on my amazing wife when I really shouldn't have.

I got up when I was done eating and put my plate in the sink. As I washed it, I looked over at the couch. Yup, she had put the pillow and blanket on there. It looked like there was something on top of the blanket. I finished washing the plate, dried it, dried my own hands, put the dish away, and went over to read the piece of paper. My heart broke as I read my wife's handwriting. The letter said: