99. Dancing Daughter

I was laying in bed, sleeping, when I heard someone start to play the piano. I looked at the time. It was seven o'clock in the morning. Well, I might as well get up. I got out of bed, went to the closet, and put on black leggings and a blue long sleeve shirt. Shawn wasn't in bed with me, and since our daughter Rose is only two, I highly doubt that it would be her playing the piano, especially so beautifully.

I wandered down the hall to see if Shawn playing the piano had woken up Rose. She wasn't in her bed. Huh. She must be downstairs with Shawn. I went down stairs and into our family room. There was Shawn, facing away from me, playing the piano. Rose was sitting next to him and she was giggling.

"Shhh, you have to be quiet, Mommy is sleeping and we don't want to wake her up, now do we?" Shawn asked Rose. Rose looked over at me and pointed at me. Shawn turned his head and a look of confusion was etched across his face but was soon replaced by a smile when he saw me.

"Hello my loves. What are you two up to?" I asked.

"Playing the piano. Did we wake you?" Shawn said and asked. I shrugged.

"It's okay. I like mornings like this. Did you guys already eat?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah, we didn't want to wake you, but I made you pancakes. They're on the kitchen counter my love." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Daddy?" Rose asked.

"Yes sweet pea?" He asked her with a smile. By now I was in front of the piano, leaning on it so I could see everything.

"Am I your love too?" She asked. My heart melted as his smile grew. He kissed her forehead.

"Of course you are honey." Shawn said, causing both Rose and myself to smile.

"I love you Daddy." She said.

"I love you too my Rosie girl." Shawn said. Rose looked at me.

"I love you Mommy." She said.

"I love you too my sweet girl. Do you want to keep playing the piano with Daddy while I eat?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Yes. I want to be just like Daddy someday." She said.

"Really?" Shawn asked. She looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah. I want to play piano too." She said.

"Do you want to play guitar?" Shawn asked her.

"Doesn't that hurt your fingers?" Rose asked. Shawn thought for a moment before shrugging.

"A little at first. But then you get used to it and it doesn't bother you anymore. I can teach you whatever you want me to teach you, as long as I know it, and if I don't, I'll figure it out. Okay?" Shawn said and asked. Rose nodded.

"Okay." She said.

"Well, I'm going to eat breakfast, are you two going to keep playing the piano?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before looking at Rose.

"Do you want to keep playing the piano my sweet pea?" Shawn asked Rose.

"Yeah!" She yelled. Shawn and I laughed. I went into the kitchen to eat my breakfast that Shawn made me. He's such an amazing husband and father. Sure he's away sometimes, but he always comes back to us.

Shawn's point of view

"Daddy?" Rose whispered as I sat next to her. We were sitting at the piano, playing music. I looked at my beautiful daughter with a smile.

"Yes?" I whispered back.

"You're my favorite person." She whispered with a giggle. I shook my head.